IGNORED

Music, iPod, or Headphones While Golfing

fairwaysngreens
Note: This thread is 4742 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Like Tin Cup? As long as it doesnt disrupt the flow of the round and it's not blasted so I can hear it I wouldn't care but I also wouldn't do it. Sounds like way more trouble than it's worth. Did he listen while swinging? That would do all sorts of bad things with my swing and I'd probably end up breaking my iPod.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

yep, he had it in one ear and listened to his tunes constantly through the whole round. Never stopped. Had a few shanks....wonder what he was listening too when those happened?

Driver - SQ SUMO2 9.5 stiff
3 Wood - SQ SUMO2 15* stiff
Hybrid SQ SUMO2 20* stiff
Irons - CCi steel stiff
Wedge - 56*Wedge - Knight 60*Putter - ITraxBall - platinum+Black but soon to be switching to pr0v1 SG 2.5

I love listening to the radio while I play. Usually it is just my buddy and I as my home course lets you play 2somes, but when I go to a different course and get with a foursome the xmradio either stays in the car or I get a vibe for the people Im playing with and if they dont mind, I play it sometimes. I like it, but dont know if I could deal with an ipod, I cant get the earbuds to stay in my damn ears.

In my Arkansas Razorbacks stand bag:

Driver:SasQuatch SUMO2 9.5°

2 hybrid 16° 3, 4 hybrid 3DX5-PW: Tour Pro ComboWedges: 52°, 56°, 60° spin milled Putter: Circa '62 No. 1 ; Newport Tel 3 LongNeck ; Newport 2 ButtonBack LTDBalls: ProV1

For some people music is relaxing. If you get tense playing, I would imagine that listening to your favorite tunes allows you to stop focusing too much on grip-it and rip-it style but to relax and swing smoothly. Maybe it also helps him keep a steady rhythm.

I've used music in every other area of my life, so I could definately imagine using it for golf. Would I? Probably not. I enjoy talking with people too much. But, if I were by myself I can imagine it.

In fact, the times I end up at the driving range, I find myself whistling quietly to myself or humming a tune. Same reason. Helps me relax.

10.5* Driver (don't really ever use it)
3w, 5w
23* hybrid
5i through PW, SW
60* Wedge.....................................................................mellojoe

I listen to my zune while playing. I just keep it low enough to where I can hear others talk to me even with the ear that has the ear bud in it. I wouldn't find it rude at all as long as the others can not hear it.

no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no!....

anyone who listens to an ipod on the golf course while playing is a social retard and an ignoramus. Very, very anti social and you should be disciplined by the club committee for that. If you want to listen to your ipod on the range though that is a different matter. So, actually, on the course, F####N NO!

Not anywhere did I read that people were being anti-social. I for one have my music turned down so low that generally the only time I hear it is when a shot is being taken because everyone is quiet. I can still hold a conversation with everyone that I am playing with.

I listen when I walk some holes by myself

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

But if you re playing with someone that is till very anti social whether you can hear them or not....its not in the spirit of the game. At my club, mobiles, ipods and all gismos are banned on the course....

oh I've never listened to an iPod while in a group of people, and i turn my cellphone off if I'mplaying with an older person, or someone I don't ussually play with. I like to socialize with whoever I play with. Helps me stay loose

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

Only when im at the range or practice green. id rather be able to listen to the nature of the course and just enjoy the outdoors.

DRIVER: MACTEC NVG2 Draw 10.5*
WOODS: Big Bertha Warbird 3&7 wood
IRONS: Magique Custom 3-9
WEDGES: PW, Horizon 56*, The Pirate 60*
PUTTER: ????BALLS: Laddie ExtremeMy Scores-http://www.oobgolf.com/golfers/pinbacksc

I've been using an iPOD on the range for a while, and do it cycling and riding motorcycles. I find it relaxing and, at the right level and with the right music, it helps concentration.

I don't see why others would find it offensive on the course, as long as the volume is low enough so that you can carry out a conversation easily. But it's prolly a good idea to ask your fellow players if they don't mind - and tell them you're keeping it at a low level so they should feel free to talk to you as then normally would.

I find golf to be a wonderfully social game, with some people anyway (I usually play as a walk-on single). I would hate to have anything interfere with that aspect of the game.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

I listen to my zune while playing. I just keep it low enough to where I can hear others talk to me even with the ear that has the ear bud in it. I wouldn't find it rude at all as long as the others can not hear it.

Same here. I have an i-pod, and I love music. Always listening to music..always. Use it on the range and while playing in regular foursome. Don't use it if I'm playing with anyone else, though. I plan to be jamming to Mercyful Fate when I'm on the driving range at age 90, so I always keep it on the lowest volume setting. Hear others fine...it's just that I love to have music accompanying my thoughts. Classical, jazz, metal, thrash, pop...whatever, so long as it is good.

As far as others taking offense? Seriously, get over it. It doesn't affect you at all...and frankly, if you have a problem with me wearing earphones to listen to music that you can't hear or possibly be affected by, you sound like the one with the insecurities in social settings... this thread reminds me of the "do you wear sunglasses while playing poker?" thread. it's an interesting topic, in the senses that i always wonder how those cats image they look when they are sitting in some dark, smoky bar on the strip playing poker with play money at 2am...cuz to me they look pretty goofy, and I wouldn't wear them. but as far as my opinion of them? who cares? it doesn't affect my play, and it shouldn't affect the play of others...so it doesn't matter. same with i-pods on the course. same with the way ian poulter dresses...(just had to throw that in) Rob

I like listening to my ipod at a very low volume (low enough so that I can hear 'FORE!!') when I'm playing alone but never when paired with someone. So yeah - my vote goes for only when alone.

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no!....

Jeeezzz man calm down, I have done this in competition, and I would love to see you rant like this too me in person

I don't see a problem with it, as has been previously posted as long as the music doesn't interfere with other peoples concentration it shouldn't really matter. Big/high level competition is not social, it may be after the round but before and during the round generally speaking only simple pleasantries are exchanged. All in all..... as long as it is not a social, friendly round of golf there should not be a problem with listening to an I Pod on the course.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

i mean as long as it isn't too loud then it should be ok. i know once football season starts.... the radio is comin out on sundays... or if get an iphone by then...

In my bag:
Driver: R9 TP Rombax Stiff
3 Wood: R9 TP 85g Stiff
3 hybrid: X
4-SW: X-20 Uniflex

SteelLW: Forged Chrome

Putter: White Hot XG #1

Note: This thread is 4742 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!