IGNORED

Anyone else in the northern climes frustrated with this weather?

walk18
Note: This thread is 3824 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by David in FL

Believe it or not, they have jobs down here too!    How cool is that?!  "YT"

"You want fries with that"

I think he meant real job's,,,,just saying!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

Originally Posted by MS256

It hasn't been too bad to play very often but still bad enough to be completely miserable. I've forgotten what it's like to hit a shot without a three club wind off of a soaking wet fairway and four layers of clothes.

This is what my winter golf has been like. Think I had maybe 2 rounds where it wasn't blowing 25mph. Seems like every hole is either into the wind or with a vicious cross wind. And, the course has been soggy all winter so most tee shots actually get negative roll out.

But hey, at least we have been playing, and remember, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger...

dak4n6

Originally Posted by dak4n6

But hey, at least we have been playing, and remember, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger...

Yeah...I'm not complaining (too much). Only a little. Ha ha!

Better than where my kids live in north Missouri (the hottest place in the world in the summer and the coldest place in the winter).

Slight hyperbole but when I was working outdoors up there for 18 years it felt like it.

Here is Calgary for the next two weeks. Sigh.....( in celsius )

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Originally Posted by Parker0065

"You want fries with that"

I think he meant real job's,,,,just saying!

Real jobs......of course, you've got to be qua lified for one.....

N o state income tax, and over 1200 golf courses that can be played year-round.

But I understand that there are people who love snow, cold weather, paying high taxes, and golfing the same 2 or 3 munies all the time.  Of course, if they can only play 6 months out of the year, I guess they don't get so many rounds in each year that they get tired of a handful of courses.

Just sayin'........

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

50s this weekend in NY. Might have to play Sat and Sun to make up for lost time. Already got my Sat tee time.

Yeah, finally a good outlook for us. I'm going to open up my season on Friday since the course just opened. Haven't had a full swing in months... but I could care less!

Real jobs......of course, you've got to be qualified for one.....

No state income tax, and over 1200 golf courses that can be played year-round.

But I understand that there are people who love snow, cold weather, paying high taxes, and golfing the same 2 or 3 munies all the time.  Of course, if they can only play 6 months out of the year, I guess they don't get so many rounds in each year that they get tired of a handful of courses.

Just sayin'........

Originally Posted by Kieran123

LOL...!

We LOVE our neighbors to the north.   Love those Canadian $'s too!

In David's bag....

LOL...!

We LOVE our neighbors to the north.   Love those Canadian $'s too!

I think most states in the U.S love our Canadian $ - and our oil too

We love your cheap bank owned homes and your cheap beer

Just sayin'........

Ouch. Living dangerously Dave! If you wake up one day with a hoard of angry TSTers on your front lawn don't say I didn't warn you! :p

dak4n6

Originally Posted by dak4n6

Ouch. Living dangerously Dave! If you wake up one day with a hoard of angry TSTers on your front lawn don't say I didn't warn you! :p

As long as y'all come down in a number divisible by 4.......let me know in advance and I'll book us a couple of times!

In David's bag....

Just sayin'........

The only thing you are leaving out are the yearly Hurricanes and on occasion throughout the year, those wonderful Tornadoes...

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Just sayin'........

Relax Killer,,,I was just joking with ya!

Once the kids are through school and college I'll be down there somewhere in the future. Maybe Carolina's

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

Just sayin'........

You nailed it....except for the munies part.  Outside of NYC, New York has a lot of nice and reasonably priced golf courses.

Anyway, I do love NY....one of the best nanny states in the nation.  I thank God every day for Governor Cuomo working hard to save me from gun magazines that hold more than 7 bullets.  I think just looking at one is extremely dangerous.  It just doesn't get any better than high taxes, high energy costs, expensive gasoline (lots of fuel taxes), and fantastic public welfare and entitlement programs.  If you think people don't move here to partake of taxpayer generosity......you're very mistaken. Absolutely awesome and a big "Thank You" to our friends in warmer climates who send their free-loaders our way!!

But that's part of New York's "grand plan" that will allow state residents to have much more time for golf.  Eventually, we'll all work for government or be on public assistance.  We won't make or produce anything of consequence but we'll then have plenty of time to golf at our favorite munie courses and make the most of the short season we have.  Cuomo will apply for Federal aid and you folks down south will have to send your tax dollars our way.

Such an elegant plan in it's devious simplicity.  I'm feeling so good about it, I think I'm going to start working on having my 8 kids right now.  Gotta go.

• Upvote 2

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

Originally Posted by Topper

Quote:

Just sayin'........

You nailed it....except for the munies part.  Outside of NYC, New York has a lot of nice and reasonably priced golf courses.

Anyway, I do love NY....one of the best nanny states in the nation.  I thank God every day for Governor Cuomo working hard to save me from gun magazines that hold more than 7 bullets.  I think just looking at one is extremely dangerous.  It just doesn't get any better than high taxes, high energy costs, expensive gasoline (lots of fuel taxes), and fantastic public welfare and entitlement programs.  If you think people don't move here to partake of taxpayer generosity......you're very mistaken. Absolutely awesome and a big "Thank You" to our friends in warmer climates who send their free-loaders our way!!

But that's part of New York's "grand plan" that will allow state residents to have much more time for golf.  Eventually, we'll all work for government or be on public assistance.  We won't make or produce anything of consequence but we'll then have plenty of time to golf at our favorite munie courses and make the most of the short season we have.  Cuomo will apply for Federal aid and you folks down south will have to send your tax dollars our way.

Such an elegant plan in it's devious simplicity.  I'm feeling so good about it, I think I'm going to start working on having my 8 kids right now.  Gotta go.

Possibly........

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Originally Posted by Topper

Quote:

Umm, I'm going to take a wild guess here...you're a conservative Republican right?

dak4n6

Note: This thread is 3824 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!