IGNORED

How many here are guilty of ever hitting into anyone?

tmf9
Note: This thread is 3817 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Saw the big guy at the course yesterday, and told him I was sorry for hitting into him and explained to him my train of thought at the time.  He told me no worries and even suggested i play in his group next time they are playing in their money game, so i guess all's well that ends well.

• Upvote 1

What's in my bag?
Driver- Taylormade TP Burner 2.0 5 wood- Launcher (4-GW)- Jpx Pro 800 SW- X Forged LW- 588 X Wedge- Tp-Z Putter- Unitized Tiempo

"Hard work beats talent"-Tim Tebow

Lol luckily for me, no steel cage match, or wrestling matches in the parking lot of the golf course.

What's in my bag?
Driver- Taylormade TP Burner 2.0 5 wood- Launcher (4-GW)- Jpx Pro 800 SW- X Forged LW- 588 X Wedge- Tp-Z Putter- Unitized Tiempo

Yeah I have done it once by mistake.  It was on a blind fairway shot and I was sure they were out of the way so I went ahead and hit.   I should have went up and checked looking back but no one got hit and I went up and apologized.  They were cool about it and just said "No worries, nice drive".

okay have one question,. how  do you call "hitting into a person" 10-20 yrds away or a ball rolling past some one or hitting them? the 10 -20 yrds question would be you are on the green and their ball is sitting 10 or so yrds from the fringe.

I would consider something 10 short of where im standing to be hitting into me, 20 yards as well if it were a par 4, but if it were a par 5 and the guy put one 10 or 20 yards short, I might not define it as hitting into me.  Really depends on the scenario I think.

What's in my bag?

well i noticed this last couple of rounds (not the same courses) that while we are putting out i notice balls sitting around give or take 20yrds from us either in the fairway or  r/l of the greens, i tend to start looking behind us and wonder why would they want to take a chance of hitting some one, note we are waiting on some players ahead during the round (slow play) do others even look beyond  the group ahead of them to gauge the pace or what. i tend to get nervious when this happens, myself not worth approching them yet and discussing my concerns

I hope that you are saying that the facetiously, anybody that has played any kind of golf or is a golfer has at some point accidentally hitting to other golfers. To start to infer that it has not happened to you is either a fallacy or you have not played too much golf.

One obvious way to handle this, slow play where the group will not let you through is to call the clubhouse and have a Ranger monitor the situation. Groups that play slow and will not let you through do not know golf etiquette , are often very poor golfers .. and are often to be found to be arrogant.

I did it once by accident....at least if you are talking about people playing the same hole as I was...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

One obvious way to handle this, slow play where the group will not let you through is to call the clubhouse and have a Ranger monitor the situation. Groups that play slow and will not let you through do not know golf etiquette , are often very poor golfers .. and are often to be found to be arrogant.

Originally Posted by skigolf33

One obvious way to handle this, slow play where the group will not let you through is to call the clubhouse and have a Ranger monitor the situation. Groups that play slow and will not let you through do not know golf etiquette , are often very poor golfers.. and are often to be found to be arrogant.

There are no rangers at this golf course to monitor play.

What's in my bag?

Originally Posted by skigolf33

I hope that you are saying that the facetiously, anybody that has played any kind of golf or is a golfer has at some point accidentally hitting to other golfers. To start to infer that it has not happened to you is either a fallacy or you have not played too much golf.

i have had that happen to me, my self no i have not done that will not take that chance, i played with my son during x mas vacation dougleston on long island many blind shots we would drive up to the area where we could see the group ahead to make sure nothing would happen (that course had a lot of blind shots) he asked why i was doing this i told him no matter what you always take the side of error look first, second watch the group ahead you can judge how fast they progress but still check.  my post was when do you get pissed off and go whip somebody ass.

If he actually tried to sue he would have lost. That's been tried before and the judge wasn't having it.

You accept the risks of the game when you walk on to the course, read your scorecard rules, no sueing in this sport.

Originally Posted by clutchshot

You accept the risks of the game when you walk on to the course, read your scorecard rules, no sueing in this sport.

Try telling that that to a judge and you will be laughed out of court.  Liability for negligence cannot be disclaimed.  And injuring someone by hitting into them is negligence in a lot of situations.  I;m not talking about a slice into a parallel fairway.  I'm talking about hitting a drive while the group in front of you is in range, or hitting to a green while people are still on it.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I pulled a drive the other week that caught a major bounce off the cart path and hit the back of a cart parked near the green,

Luckily the groups was putting so no one noticed.

Originally Posted by sebsmash

I pulled a drive the other week that caught a major bounce off the cart path and hit the back of a cart parked near the green,

Luckily the groups was putting so no one noticed.

In my last club tournament, some non-club members were in the groups ahead of us.  One of them hit the cart parked near the green.  Nearly started a fight.  The guy on the green was cursing up a storm, calling him names and asking what his problem was.  The thing is, I couldn't tell if they were really at risk of being hit into or not.  The carts were parked like 10 yards short of the green and I couldn't tell if it reached the carts on the fly or on the bounce...and it was a par 5.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Mine was a par four that I never reach. I usually drop it like 50-70 yards short but this one caught the path 50 yards in front of the green and probably would've taken off way past it, except it caught his cart on the bounce. [quote name="bplewis24" url="/t/65647/how-many-here-are-guilty-of-ever-hitting-into-anyone/90#post_826159"] In my last club tournament, some non-club members were in the groups ahead of us.  One of them hit the cart parked near the green.  Nearly started a fight.  The guy on the green was cursing up a storm, calling him names and asking what his problem was.  The thing is, I couldn't tell if they were really at risk of being hit into or not.  The carts were parked like 10 yards short of the green and I couldn't tell if it reached the carts on the fly or on the bounce...and it was a par 5. [/quote]

Note: This thread is 3817 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!