• Announcements

• iacas

Visit FlagstickRule.com   03/13/2017

Visit the site flagstickrule.com to read about and sign a petition for the USGA/R&A regarding the one terrible rule in the proposed "modernized" rules for 2019.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
clearwaterms

First 300+ yard drive

7 posts in this topic

I have to report that I hit my first GPS confirmed 306 yard drive earlier today. Downhill, hard ground and a 40+ mph tailwind might have had something to do with it ;) Trait being said the ball was behind a tree so I had to punch out and I still 3 putted it for a bogey. The drive however was worth it :)

It was a great drive! I nutted a 3 wood directly into the wind for a total unconfirmed distance of 130 yards.

My parents always laugh at a drive when you go under the ball and pop it up..."Look at that 300 yard drive, 100 yards up, 100 yards out, and 100 yards down".

Great drive though man, I forget what event it was, but the TV crew had a meter on how far the ball ran on the ground and those guys were picking up 99 yards on the roll. So don't be hating on your shot.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I took a photo of my gps yardage next to the ball when I broke my 300 cherry... great feeling... Enjoy!

OP: under those conditions you shoulda hit it 400+ ..... :>) [only kidding] p.s. I hit a 3W 285 yds once - downhill fairway, hard surface, light wind.

OP: under those conditions you shoulda hit it 400+ ..... :>) [only kidding] p.s. I hit a 3W 285 yds once - downhill fairway, hard surface, light wind.

Haha My driver swing speed is around 100 give or take 2 mph, so with a good swing, I have a carry of around 250. So I was very happy with it.