• Announcements

• iacas

Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
Sign in to follow this  
pats87

What version Vokey Wedges do I have?

pats87    2
Can anyone tell me what version Vokey wedges I have? They are oil can finish with the "Spin Milled" writing and logo in white. I know I bought them new in 2008 but can't find what version they are after searching online. Any way of telling the different versions apart (obviously not including the SM4s as it says it on them). I am looking at 2nd hand pitching wedges and was hoping to get the same version Vokey as my other wedges. Thanks.

jamo    701
If the little saw logo is red, they're just the plain Vokey Spin Milled wedges, and don't conform to the new grooves regulations (which does't matter to you, as a amateur).

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2017 TST Partners

Talamore Golf Resort
    PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    Mission Belt
    Snell Golf
    Frogger Golf
    PitchFix USA
    • We got off a tangent so may be confusing. The point was it was commented that the 18th hole at Evian was difficult and that even the men (PGA men) would struggle. I don't see that at all. A 442yd downhill par 4 is hardly difficult for any PGA tour pro. But I do believe it wouldn't be difficult for any decent golfer. I don't think hitting a 3W from the fairway would be necessary very often for even a high handicapper. 
    • If you're recovering from surgeries, you might get a Titleist Performance Institute swing analysis. Two people do the analysis: a PGA golf pro, and someone from the medical professions (athletic trainer or chiropractor). You get analyzed on 29 different body movements. Then, the trainer/chiro gets you 18 workouts designed to shore up your movement weaknesses, and the golf pro helps you adjust your swing to compensate for the limiting effects of past injuries. see: http://www.mytpi.com/  
    • Was going to start a thread about this, but decided to just update my swing. This was tonight during a long practice session. I've been struggling big time with hitting down/ball first. As hard as I practice and try, I can't seem to get close to this position, even when trying to exaggerate it. I have some things I've been working on, but wondering if anyone has any suggestions. Also, does this type of change usually take a long time?   
    • The comment wasn't made about high handicappers, @JonMA1. It was made about PGA Tour players.
    • Oh, you bastard! While I'm not the world traveler like some here, I suppose I could cobble together a list of my ten best. 1. Fowler's Mill GC, Chesterland, Oh. A classic Pete Dye design on a beautiful piece of property! Did you know that Pete Dye was an Ohio boy? Country club conditioning at an affordable price. 2. Thunder Hill Golf Course, Madison, OH. Perhaps the single most spectacular course I have ever played! The unique design made it feel like the hole you were playing was the only hole out there. And it was HARD! Only problem was they built it way out in the boonies, and spent too much money on it. It's closed now. 3. Tippecanoe CC, Youngstown, OH. Perhaps the single most difficult course I have ever played! Played in an outing there, and went back later to ask who designed the place. Turned out the original design was done by Donald Ross. It's been "tweaked" a few times since. The greens are mind boggling! 4. Spyglass Hill, Monterey, CA. While beautiful and scenic, it is much less difficult than the 3 courses mentioned previously. You just get a buzz being from OH and playing golf in CA! 5. Manakiki GC, Willoughby Hills, OH. Another Donald Ross design and a classic! Built on the old estate of business magnate Howard Hanna, with the old mansion serving as clubhouse and entertainment center. Destined to remain a golf course due to the wishes of Hanna's decedents! Great golf! 6. Tanglewood National GC, Chagrin Falls, OH. Another difficult course. Fuzzy Zoeller was brought in for the inaugural round, and said, "You could grow the rough a little bit, and play the Open here!" It's long, with lots of elevation changes and water!  7. Hawthorne Valley CC, Solon, OH. Another Donald Ross design. Kind of in flux with changes of management.Used to be private, now semi. We'll see how things turn out! Great course, now needs dedicated maintenance. 8. Sleepy Hollow GC, Brecksville, OH. Just might be the hardest public GC in the state! But it's now owned by Cleveland Metroparks, and there have been differing opinions offered as to conditioning! 9. Yankee Run GC, Brookfield, OH. This is a spectacularly beautiful and challenging golf course that is right in my back yard! It has been in existence for close to one hundred years, but it's no old fogey. They keep re-imagining the course to keep it up to date. 10. Mill Creek Park GC. Youngstown, OH. Another old Ross design from the late '20's early 30's. This is where I Iearned to play golf! Lots of bunkers, but if you can fly the ball right, you can run it up on the green! Classic Ross design!
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. Bryan Kasper
      Bryan Kasper
      (25 years old)
    2. Greg Pickett Golf
      Greg Pickett Golf
      (62 years old)
    3. hobecorning
      hobecorning
      (75 years old)