IGNORED

My Swing (Whoppersk)

whoppersk
Note: This thread is 4000 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 3 months

My current handicap index or average score is:  Only Started, Dont have one yet

My typical ball flight is: Inconsistent -  Straight slight fade with Irons.  Driver - High Slice

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: High Slice

Videos:

Ok so I have been playing since Feb 2013, Only a few months. I have had a couple of lessons.  A big issue that he addressed was I was playing cack-handed (I used to play Hurling in school, Im from Ireland) .

I have a few more lessons booked for next month.  I captured these today to give the worst of my shots. I have only played a few rounds.

I ran out of memory on my phone but I started to chin up on the back swing and this immediately fixed my slice. Is this part time and will the slice creep back in due to something im not seeing?

I would appreciate it your feedback and thanks for taking the time to look at the swings.

Hey Whoppers,

Welcome to the forum. Would you elaborate a little on "chin up in the backswing?" Thanks.

Driver - Titleist 913D2 10.5* 3 Wood - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 3 15* Hybrid - Ping G20 20* Hybrid - Ping G20 23* Irons - Ping i20 5-PW KBS Tour Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM4 50* 54* 58* Putter - Tom Slighter Snubnose

I think its more of a swing thought,  as someone said to me to keep the chin tucked and this will keep the head level and straight but i noticed that if i moved the chin out of my chest it meant it wasnt moving my shoulders out of their natural plane. keeping the chin tucked in to my chest was actually throwing my club out on the down swing.   im not 100% if this makes any sense though

First impressions for me is that you would benefit from a shorter backswing. And by that I mean still making your full shoulder turn, but limiting the amount the arms move. The 2nd video clearly shows your left arm breaking down at the top of your backswing.

You do alot of good things, especially for only playing for three months. If the chin feeling is helping you, go with it. I would say that you tend to get a little disconnected and long at the top of your backswing. Basically, your body stops turning and your arms continue to lift. Place a tee under each armpit and hit some mid-irons, focusing on maintaining the pressure in the upper arms. The tees should never fall out. It will probably feel very restricting at first. But once you get it, your arms and body will work better together and make it easier for you to deliver the club from the inside. Hope this helps. Keep us posted.

Driver - Titleist 913D2 10.5* 3 Wood - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 3 15* Hybrid - Ping G20 20* Hybrid - Ping G20 23* Irons - Ping i20 5-PW KBS Tour Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM4 50* 54* 58* Putter - Tom Slighter Snubnose

Note: This thread is 4000 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!