IGNORED

recycled golf balls

Note: This thread is 3932 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've purchased recycled golf balls in the past (6 dozen Pro Vs) and am actually contemplating doing the same in the near future. In my humble opinion, provided the balls aren't in atrocious shape ( inside or out ), you've got to be pretty damn good to notice the difference between a AAAAA ball and a new one. All I can say is I'm not in that boat and glad that's the case

R7 Superquad

Exotics 18*

Exotics 25*

AP2 (2008)

CG15 56* & 60*

Rossa Imola 8

TP Black LDP

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got some AAAA's of various make/models and must say am very impressed. I will purchase more over time.. but have 5 dozen to last me for quite some time.

This is the description:

Recycling Golf Balls

The process includes removing most or all the clear coat from the ball without removing the name. We do this with a mechanical wet blasting process, the equipment utilized in this process is very similar to equipment used in the process of prepping many new golf balls, before they are coated in the factory. This process allows us to get the golf ball as clean as possible and prep it for coating with our Binks style paint lines. The freshly applied clear coat, does several things, but the main objectives are to provide a consistent and more durable product to the consumer.

It is important to note that in our above process we do not have the ability to repair scrapes, dents or cart paths to a used golf ball. This is why we still have different levels or grades of golf balls, such as Mint, Near Mint, Value Grade, Grade A, B, and C etc. This lets the consumer know what the physical and cosmetic condition of the golf ball will be in when they make their purchase.

Has anybody bought "recycled" golf balls before, and if so do they affect the playability at all?

Driver: Nike Sumo 5000
Irons: Mizuno Mx19s
Wedges: 46 Degree PW, 50 Degree GW, 54 Degree SW (10 bounce)
Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball Putter
Balls: Bridgestone E5+Lowest Rounds: 9 Holes - 34 @ Lake Wilderness.18 Holes - 73 @ Chinook Winds Golf Resort (On a vacation trip, it was the easiest course...

This is the description:

They generally seem to be fine, though I haven't done any scientific testing. I might avoid using them in a tournament, but they may be better than the balls I scoop from the bottom of the lake sometimes

Driver: 905S 8* - Graffaloy Blue 65S Shaft (tipped 1" Short)
Fairway: 960F (15*, 19*)
Irons: T-Zoid Pro 4-PW w/ True Temper Steel
Wedges: MP-R Black 52*, 56*
Lob: 60* CG-10 (nice and rusty)Putter: OZ Putter (with oversized Winn Blue Grip)Ball:: One Tour

I tired some from a website a few years back and was not impressed with them at all. Many felt like rocks when I hit them and that weird clear coat they put on them seemed to chip and peel.

I saw this thread which might have some more info for you as well
http://thesandtrap.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25611

I also tried a dozen recycled Titleists from Target when I was up north. They had a mix of V1, HP2, NXT etc for $19. Some were absolute garbage others were really nice. They came in a blue box and didn't seem to have that crappy clear coat on them that makes them look like the Wilson "Hope" or Ice balls.

In the bag:

-Driver: R9 9.5* MWT: Left FCT: NeutUp
-3w: Fusion 3w
-Hybrid: 585h 19*, 585h 24*-Irons: 755 Forged 5-PW-Wedges: Vokey 52.08* | 56.12* | 60.06-Putter:-Ball: DT | ProV1

Bought a dozen recycled Pro V1's the other day at Golfsmith for $9.99. All of them look pretty good to me. Some of them almost look new. I should be trying them out tonight during my round or later this week. Even if they don't work as well as I expect, they were only 10$

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

They dont actually, "recycle" them. A better term would be, "refurbished". Companies simply find golfballs on the course after a tournament and they clean them up as best they can.
I dont personally play Pro V1s and Im yet to see a golfball reseller that sells Bridgestone B330s or Srixon Z-Stars; so Ive never dealt with refurbished golfballs but Ive heard mixed reviews.
Some have bought them and had no issues and others said the feel and performance wasnt the same as new golfballs.
The way I see it, if you buy a dozen used Pro V1s for $10 and only half of them are any good, you still are getting a pretty good deal, especially considering that a dozen new Pro V1s are going to cost you almost $60.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

One thing though... are lostgolfballs.com balls' recycled? Or are they just cleaned?

I'm debating whether to buy from the golfball nut.com AAAAA (their best) for 15.99 or lostgolfballs AAAA (one from the best) for 14.95.

Driver: Nike Sumo 5000
Irons: Mizuno Mx19s
Wedges: 46 Degree PW, 50 Degree GW, 54 Degree SW (10 bounce)
Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball Putter
Balls: Bridgestone E5+Lowest Rounds: 9 Holes - 34 @ Lake Wilderness.18 Holes - 73 @ Chinook Winds Golf Resort (On a vacation trip, it was the easiest course...

At $16 a pop, why not try both and next time around get whichever was better?

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

I was thinking about getting a couple dozen of those recycled Callaway Tour ix balls from lostgolfballs or somewhere else, and was wondering if any of you have tried them. My concern was that the "recycling" process might deteriorate the soft covers of the better balls like this one. I really like the feel of these softer premium balls and would love to be able to save some green on some. If any of you have tried them i'd like to know if the cover is in the same condition like new.....

thanks

In my TMX stand bag:

R580XD 10.5* Stiff
'07 Burner 5 Wood 18*
'09 Burner Rescue Hybrid #3 19* Stiff 3dx Ironwood #4 Stiff Idea Tech OS 5-PW Vokey SM 52*-08 CG11 SM 58*-08 White Hot XG #2 33.5"

anybody??

In my TMX stand bag:

R580XD 10.5* Stiff
'07 Burner 5 Wood 18*
'09 Burner Rescue Hybrid #3 19* Stiff 3dx Ironwood #4 Stiff Idea Tech OS 5-PW Vokey SM 52*-08 CG11 SM 58*-08 White Hot XG #2 33.5"

Cart Bag: AMP Xtreme
Driver: 460
3 Wood | 5 Wood: Diablo
Irons: (3-8) X18 | X Forged 9 & P
Wedges: X Forged 52 (12) | 58 (10) C-Grind Putter: Anser 4 i SeriesBall: Burner1978 - 93 - All Time Best - 84 or12 over in 1991.1994 - 2008 - Inactive2008 - Present - All Time Best 96 or 24...

I was thinking about getting a couple dozen of those recycled Callaway Tour ix balls from lostgolfballs or somewhere else, and was wondering if any of you have tried them. My concern was that the "recycling" process might deteriorate the soft covers of the better balls like this one. I really like the feel of these softer premium balls and would love to be able to save some green on some. If any of you have tried them i'd like to know if the cover is in the same condition like new.....

I bought a couple dozen NXT Tour, and while they look good, I don't think they play as well as new ones. Basically I am just using them on water holes.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

see, i've bought and played balls of different varieties, but none as soft as the callaway tour ix or i and balls that are super soft such as those are what i'm concerned about, the other recycled balls i've played have felt fine to me though

In my TMX stand bag:

R580XD 10.5* Stiff
'07 Burner 5 Wood 18*

I have purchased used Pro V1 on lostgolfballs.com and I love 'em. I always get the highest quality (I think that's AAAAA) and they look brand new to me! Sometimes there's ones with a logo or something, but never any scuffs or scratches.

To be fair though, I haven't played with a set of brand new Pro V1 lately so I really can't compare. But for now I'm happy with paying 1/2 price for a very high quality ball

I still have a bunch of junk balls in my bag that I just can't seem to lose ... so I can't justify placing another order with lostgolfballs.com yet. So maybe I'll take them to the lake driving range & "practice" with them

Callaway X-18 Irons | TaylorMade R5 Driver, 200 Steel 3 Wood | Cleveland Golf CG-14 Gap & Sand Wedge | Titleist Vokey Lob Wedge | Odyssey White Hot Putter | Titleist ProV1 Ball | Bushnell Pro 1600 Tournament Edition Laser Rangefinder

I play refurbished balls and I haven't been able to tell any difference between them and new balls. I'm not the most discriminating person when it comes to balls though. I can score a birdie with a Top Flight just as easily as I can with a brand new ProV1. I do like the way premium balls feel when I hit them, but the difference is minor. Tour balls also spin more for me and check up better on the green, but again this difference is pretty minor. All in all for my game I'm very happy playing refurbished balls. The way I see it I get the best of both worlds: playing a premium ball at a bargain ball price.

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

Hello,
Just a cheap newbie thought,,,,,,
I can't justify high $ balls just so you guys can evaluate them as "referbished". :)
(I go through a lot of balls so I buy cheap referbs,,, they are "new" to me). :) :)

DRIVER: SIEGE Clone 10.5º @ 45" 460cc
#1 WOOD "ACCUZONE" 9.5º @44 1/4" ALDILA VX Intermediate
#3 WOOD "ACCUZONE" 13º @43 1/4" ALDILA VX Intermediate
2-9,PW,SW IRONS "TOUR MODEL II" Black Dot TRUE TEMPER Dynamic
(3I @38 1/2" - 9I @35 1/2")RESCUE/HYB "THE GREAT ESCAPE" (SG tm) 24º @41 1/4"

Note: This thread is 3932 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!