• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vinchenzio45

Cleveland wedge groove care?

8 posts in this topic

A week or two ago I purchased a Cleveland Golf CG16 wedge with the lazer milled grooves. Anyone have an tips for keeping these like new and not wearing down?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Don't play with it and it will be as good as new !  It is a wedge and it is one of the most punished clubs in your bag so play it and when it wears out from use....get another one !

Yes, yes, I know that but the only reason I ask is because on my wedge there was a sticker that read, "the life of the grooves can be extended by proper cleaning. To learn more, visit Clevelandgolf.com" I went to the site and couldn't find anything. That's why I'm asking.

Just clean them after each round or practice session and enjoy them otherwise.  It's a tool that is used to beat the ground with to hit a ball so it is going to experience wear and tear and it can't be avoided.  I don't know what other special care a  Cleveland wedge needs though !

You should be cleaning it after every single shot. Who wants dirt in their grooves affecting ball flight/spin.

In fact, clean each iron after every shot. To extend the life of your irons.

I always carry one of those retractable wire brush gizmos in my pocket. I like to scrub my irons while I'm considering my shot. I usually just towel them after the shot unless they're totally caked, I figure the wire brush works better once the muck has dried a bit.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Motley01

You should be cleaning it after every single shot. Who wants dirt in their grooves affecting ball flight/spin.

In fact, clean each iron after every shot. To extend the life of your irons.

I concur!

I figured that was a given to clean the dirt out of the grooves while playing.  I was just saying don't store your clubs dirty which will do way more damage to the club head !