IGNORED

Tiger's Problem?

iacas
Note: This thread is 6112 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which is hurting Tiger the most?

• His tee-to-green game is suffering.
    • His putting is suffering.

Speaking of swing changes...

He had to rid himself of the harsh hip movement in order to preserve his health.

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

• Administrator
Speaking of swing changes...

We're not, though. Let's get back on topic, folks.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't think he had much of a "problem" yesterday. That was very impressive and looked like the old Tiger. Faldo and the boys were talking about the fact that he didn't miss inside of 8 feet all week. That's an impressive stat. He seemed to put himself in better position off the tee. I didn't watch all 4 days on TV but he seemed to be putting himself in better positions to hit it close(er) from the fairway.

Also, is it me or did he have the old Tiger look too? He was hunting...

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

• Administrator
I don't think he had much of a "problem" yesterday. That was very impressive and looked like the old Tiger. Faldo and the boys were talking about the fact that he didn't miss inside of 8 feet all week. That's an impressive stat. He seemed to put himself in better position off the tee. I didn't watch all 4 days on TV but he seemed to be putting himself in better positions to hit it close(er) from the fairway.

They say "beware the injured golfer." I would just say "beware the insulted Tiger."

Yesterday's final round was a bit of an exception, almost. Yes, if Tiger had played like that in the three majors, he'd be going for the grand slam this year. But he hasn't, and that's why this thread exists... Rename the thread in your head "When Tiger struggles, his problem is..." if that makes more sense to you.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

They say "beware the injured golfer." I would just say "beware the insulted Tiger."

Yeah, no doubt about that.

Rename the thread in your head "When Tiger struggles, his problem is..." if that makes more sense to you.

I already said I thought his putting was his major problem. However, when he's hitting his driver well he is putting himself in great position to attack flags and thus he gets much shorter putts at birdie. So I guess in the end I think it's probably a combination of his putting and his driving.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

• Administrator
Problem, schmoblem. Two weeks later, he's won two weeks in a row (giving him 5 Victories on the year, I think).

Read my post about two or three up from this one.

• 2 weeks later...
There are only two ways a player can compromise effective execution of a golf shot, assuming that he has some skill in the first place (I believe Tiger does).

One is to persist in trying to make shots that are only native to traits he does not own and the other is to either restrict or over-extend traits he does own. Tiger suffers more often on the first count (players of his style all tend to hit strangely off-the-map-shots more than others). He occasionaly gets caught in the second stretch. The saving feature in both instances is his hightly unusual and extraordinary talent, which bails him out where others wind up completely off the radar.

It's hard to beat that combination.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Note: This thread is 6112 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!