IGNORED

Do you all hook the daylights out of yoru Hybrid?

despereaux
Note: This thread is 6063 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

A couple of things that I have discovered fitting hybrids:

- The swingweight of hybrids can be on the light side. Making the swingweight around D-0 or more seems to help stronger players. If we use tape I'll place it around the toe area of the club.

- A swing method that was told to me by a manufacture of hybirds was to swing it like a 7 iron, not a wood. Soft swing and hands is all that is needed. I have seen this having the most affect on striking them solid.

I have a hard time just making solid contact, and when I do it's usually a slice. I have had the worst time hitting that club. Of course, it's not the best hybrind on the market either.......and I'm not exactly a low handicapper either. I've hit it sweet a couple of times, and it really puts that ball out there, I get great distance with it.
Rynofskie

In My Well-Used Highlander Bag:

Driver:Redline RPM 9.5* Driver - TourLaunch Blue Shaft Rescue: "The Ripper" wal-mart special 3HybridIrons: ADAMS GT500 Undercut Widesole 4-LWPutter: Ray Cook custom mallet putterGuns don't kill people - the proper application of sight alignment, target...

If you want a straight hybrid, Don't Use taylormade (unless TP) or any callaway They are extremely hook biased. If you want a pure, straight hybrid try the titleist!!! Best Hybrid EVER
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys, I went into the local golf store here in my city, and tried out the Adams IDEA PRO Hybrid Iron. Wow. This club was a beauty. I did have a long opportunity to hit a bunch of hybrids at the store (was there for at least 2 hours haha - The employees were extremely helpful too). I tried a Callaway X-Hybrid, Callaway Heavenwood, Titleist 585-H, Cobra Baffler DWS to be more specific. Nothing really compared to the Adams IDEA PRO Hybrid Iron imho. Just putting the club to the ball at address instantly boosted my confidence that this ball is gonna fly, and fly straight (no more hooks). I came home and did more research on it, and came accross a great review done here on the Sandtrap.com - Link: http://thesandtrap.com/equipment/clu...id_iron_review

I sold my TaylorMade Rescue Mid not too long ago giving up on hybrids, but I think this Hybrid Iron may be its replacement!
Driver: Nike 9.5° SasQuatch SUMO²
Fairway Woods: Adams 16° Tight Lies 3 Wood
Hybrids: Adams 19° Idea Pro Hybrid
Irons: Callaway X-18 4-AW (Rifle 6.0 Precision)
Wedges: TaylorMade: 56/12 Degree RAC SatinPutter: Odyssey 34" Tri-Ball SRT PutterBall: Callaway HX HOTHome...

The rescue mids are hook machines, extreme offset and closed face.
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

I've found that I tend to push my hybrid shots right a fraction as I've improved with it.
In my bag

Superstrong 12*
- Firepower Hyper Ti 15*
- Launcher 18* Hybrid - 21* Hybrid - S2 Max 5i - SW - MP T-Series 47* - 60* LW - White Hot XG #1

i used a borrowed set of clubs when i went out, and i actually liked the hybrid better than any of the others! especially on that 18th hole... it was a truly beautiful shot... the only thing i don't like about the hybrid is it felt like i was hitting a metal pole with an aluminum baseball bat...

Note: This thread is 6063 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!