IGNORED

My Swing (Jeremie Boop)

Jeremie Boop

Hey, i know a few things have been hit on here but for me what really stuck out the most in the down the line shot was how you stand up, your butt goes towards ball severely, which from what i know means your coming out of your posture, try sticking something behind you and make sure you feel it on your butt the whole time

Thanks, that is currently one of the things I'm working on. It's part of my flipping problem, I flip so I stand up to avoid hitting fat, which in turn leads to a lot of thin shots. I'm forcing myself to stay down which, I hope, will help force me to stop flipping. Shortly after making this change I started hitting these block/push fade shots. I need to do some new videos so I can see if it's because I'm getting too steep or just not releasing the club. Either way I need to address it so I know what to do to fix it.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not necessarily. Push just means the face is pointing right.

Hmm, my bad. I always thought push/pull to be path specific terms and not a face pointing terms in relation to ball flight laws.

Sorry Jeremy.

Vishal S.

Ok, wasn't able to record swings at the range because the grass tees were packed. I was hitting everything really well all the way up through the 5 wood. As soon as I started swinging the driver things went awry. Tried to step back to 5 wood and things were still crap. I'm not sure what it is...

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Things are starting to come back on track now. I played both Wednesday and last night. Wednesday went well for the first half except for the first tee shot due to not warming up because I had to hurry to get ahead of the league that was starting. Jumped to the second tee to begin the round. Only had to wait a few minutes here and there on a twosome in front of me. I had one other bad tee shot, par 3 8th I bladed my 50* wedge into some junk to the right. Provisional was a great shot about 13 feet from the pin. Couldn't find first shot but did sink the putt to save bogey. When I got back to the first tee after finishing out 9 I had to wait over 10 minutes because a couple of teens were driving around looking for their ball clear to the right. They drove off, I hit my tee shot out to the right, but not as far right as they were and longer in distance. I was a bit angry that all the waiting screwed me up. Before I was even able to walk off the tee I see them drive back and start driving around again.... Next thing I know they seem to have "found" their ball and hit it.... Problem is I am almost positive that it was my ball. Not wanting to just assume anything and cause a scene I stood on the tee for another 15+ minutes while I waited for them to clear out again. As soon as they moved on I hit a provisional shot, in case they actually did hit my ball. When I got up there my ball was nowhere to be found so I played out with the other ball I hit from the tee. From there I held it together for a couple holes, but from 12 on the course was backed up and it was all long waits and bad times.

League night last night went pretty well, except for the second and last hole because the group behind us caught up at those tees and were being loud and obnoxious. This caused me to screw up my tee shots on both holes. Other than that I only had a few short game flubs. The short game both saved me and screwed me depending on the hole last night. It was kind of funny.

What I did find during the range work this week was I had let my grip get too far into the palm. I am focusing on making sure I get the grip into my fingers more and my swing thought is to stay down instead of standing up and getting on my toes on the downswing. When I do stay down the strike is very good, when I don't stay down the strike is thin or a bladed shot. So it is super easy to know pretty quickly if I didn't execute correctly.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• Administrator
@Jeremie Boop , what is the longest and fastest swing you can make where you aren't flipping? That is where you need to be practicing right now.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

@Jeremie Boop, what is the longest and fastest swing you can make where you aren't flipping?

That is where you need to be practicing right now.

To be honest, I've been able to record full swings with no flip sometimes and I've recorded short/easy swings that had a flip. I've never been able to record a swing that consistently did not have flip in it. To be fair, I've never really recorded short punch shot swings though, so it's possible that is the only repeatable non flip swing I have.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• Administrator

To be honest, I've been able to record full swings with no flip sometimes and I've recorded short/easy swings that had a flip. I've never been able to record a swing that consistently did not have flip in it. To be fair, I've never really recorded short punch shot swings though, so it's possible that is the only repeatable non flip swing I have.

You missed my point.

Practice at the edge of your ability (when you're practicing). Find the point where you can do what you're trying to do 5 times out of 10. When you can do it 9 or 10 times out of 10, make the swing a little longer and faster.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Super frustrating.... I tried to shorten and slow down my swing to a point where I stopped flipping as suggested. This was as slow and short as I could get myself to swing without going all arms and no body.

*sorry for crooked camera, lost my phone case so it doesn't fit snug in my home made stand anymore*

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I think you need to find a way to slow it down even more.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I think you need to find a way to slow it down even more.

I understand that. Somehow I need to figure out how to keep some semblance of a sequencing and complete movement with body and arms while slowing down. At this point, every time I try to slow down much more or shorten more I just lose almost all my body involvement in the swing. What's so annoying is when I look at the swing right now, if I could get rid of that flip, I think it looks really good.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• Administrator
Super frustrating.... I tried to shorten and slow down my swing to a point where I stopped flipping as suggested. This was as slow and short as I could get myself to swing without going all arms and no body.

No it isn't.

I can make a golf swing that takes ten seconds. The ball goes about a foot and that's if I don't just end up pushing it.

Seriously, the purpose is NOT to make a shot. If it means that you swing slowly enough to hit your 7I 30 yards, hit your 7I 30 yards.

You were working on this last year, @Jeremie Boop , and honestly at this point if I were you I'd be so frustrated at having spent the last year working on (almost) the same thing that I'd set my mind to doing ANYTHING, at ANY speed. Well, whatever speed that was in that video, let's see 20% of THAT!

I understand that. Somehow I need to figure out how to keep some semblance of a sequencing and complete movement with body and arms while slowing down. At this point, every time I try to slow down much more or shorten more I just lose almost all my body involvement in the swing. What's so annoying is when I look at the swing right now, if I could get rid of that flip, I think it looks really good.

That makes no sense to me. You're uncoordinated and can't make your body keep doing something? You are in control of your muscles, no?

I'm not trying to be a jerk here - I mean, I am in the sense that I want you to stop making excuses for yourself, because that's kind of what this feels like. You can't do that? You can't make a slow swing? When you hit a short chip shot do you flip like crazy? No. So you can clearly slow down enough to not flip.

The funny thing about all of this is… that you're going to find that your hands slowing down (with respect to the rest of your sequencing) is probably one of the reasons you flip. You'll probably flip less if:

• The swing is shorter.
  • The arms/hands come down faster.

But that's relative to the other parts of your swing.

In trying to move the clubhead fast, you flip. Try to move your hands fast (faster, past impact - it won't actually happen, or shouldn't, but when the hands slow down the clubhead passes quickly).

Look at how far away your hands are from the ball at A6. They've slowed down too early.

I always fixate on making swings which produce shots.... Obviously I could swing slower while not actually trying to hit the ball. I don't know why I always think about actually hitting the ball instead of just fixing the mechanics of the swing. I have to get out of the mindset of making a good shot and more in the mindset of just making a good swing.

What boils my brain is if I swing with no ball, there's no flip. As soon as I introduce a ball to hit, instant flip...

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Ok, so I'm working on slow motion swings which emphasize not flipping. When I do that my natural instinct is to hold on to the angle and not release the club at all. Is this a good thing to do or should I focus allowing the club to release once it passes what would normally be impact?

• Upvote 1

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

With any kind of speed, you will not be able to "hold" the angle. I would see if you can hit a ball with excessive shaft lean. Really exaggerate it.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

• Administrator
Ok, so I'm working on slow motion swings which emphasize not flipping. When I do that my natural instinct is to hold on to the angle and not release the club at all. Is this a good thing to do or should I focus allowing the club to release once it passes what would normally be impact?

Re-read my post above about your hands slowing down.

Re-read my post above about your hands slowing down.

You also told me to work on finding the fastest, longest swing that I can perform that I don't flip. So I was trying to start at the extreme end of slow and work my way faster from there until I reach my limit. I was trying to make sure that I don't do something wrong at the start that will cause me more issues as I start trying to speed up and lengthen the swing. Of course, perhaps I'm going about it the wrong way, but given that you again stressed that I need to try to slow down my swing even more I was doing my best to do it in the best way I could.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• Administrator
You also told me to work on finding the fastest, longest swing that I can perform that I don't flip. So I was trying to start at the extreme end of slow and work my way faster from there until I reach my limit. I was trying to make sure that I don't do something wrong at the start that will cause me more issues as I start trying to speed up and lengthen the swing. Of course, perhaps I'm going about it the wrong way, but given that you again stressed that I need to try to slow down my swing even more I was doing my best to do it in the best way I could.

Slow swings with relatively fast arns.

Slow swings with relatively fast arns.

Ok, that gives me a better idea of how I need to proceed.

Side note, it seems weird to be told to "speed up" because I'm constantly told by so many people "you need to slow down, you swing too fast".

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag: