IGNORED

My Swing (Jeremie Boop)

Jeremie Boop

Ok, so here are the videos for my trip up to Erie. First one is the main piece to work on which is to stop my reverse tilt:

Second is the next piece to work on, to be worked into my range time and slow motion mirror work only a little until the first part becomes more ingrained. This is to help stop going shallow to steep:

Also work on making stronger grip habit:

Grip-4.jpg

Not pictured or videoed was the work on pitching. That part ended up being something I was able to start using right away when we went to the course. Super fun.

Thanks, Erik, for all the work you did today. Left with multiple things to work on that should keep me busy for the majority of the rest of the season at least.

• Upvote 3

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Two quick notes.

1. Make sure the hips turn and don't just kind of slide forward.

2. Work on that piece first and pose the follow through to sprinkle in the removal of compensations like raising the head or shortening the arms.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Two quick notes.

1. Make sure the hips turn and don't just kind of slide forward.

2. Work on that piece first and pose the follow through to sprinkle in the removal of compensations like raising the head or shortening the arms.

Got it. I'll be hitting the range today and will get some video of the drills to make sure I'm doing them correctly.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

(edited)

Range videos: Focused on better grip *cover not smother* and higher handle on club at address for setup. I forgot to pose the follow through on these.... I'll try to remember that next time.

Edited by Jeremie Boop

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• Administrator
23 hours ago, Jeremie Boop said:

Two notes:

• Try to do it without the little pump. Just the backswing, ask if "okay?", and then the downswing.
  • Note the difference between the impact above and the impact you got in the swings downtown. Yeah, those were off mats, but remember that the long arms, the axis tilt, etc. will mean you don't need to shallow the club so much by flipping. Also, even though it's grass and not a mat, you don't need to flip to hit the ball in the air. :-)

Overall, though, very good.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

59 minutes ago, iacas said:

Two notes:

• Try to do it without the little pump. Just the backswing, ask if "okay?", and then the downswing.
  • Note the difference between the impact above and the impact you got in the swings downtown. Yeah, those were off mats, but remember that the long arms, the axis tilt, etc. will mean you don't need to shallow the club so much by flipping. Also, even though it's grass and not a mat, you don't need to flip to hit the ball in the air. :-)

Overall, though, very good.

Thanks for the feedback. You know, I have no clue why I do that pump before starting the downswing.... I will work on these things.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

The improved turn is working pretty well on the course when I focus on it. Just need to work in the long arms so I quit pulling shots. First hole came pretty close to getting my first ace. Ball landed just left and short of the pin, jumped forward then spun back right by the hole stopping 2 feet from it.

IMG_0374.JPG

I'm swinging what feels like super easy, maybe feeling like I'm only swinging at about 75% and the ball just goes forever. I just have to be careful because sometimes I get too lazy on the downswing. +6 41 for 9 in league tonight may be my best league score yet.

• Upvote 1

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Jeremie Boop said:

The improved turn is working pretty well on the course when I focus on it. Just need to work in the long arms so I quit pulling shots. First hole came pretty close to getting my first ace. Ball landed just left and short of the pin, jumped forward then spun back right by the hole stopping 2 feet from it.

I'm swinging what feels like super easy, maybe feeling like I'm only swinging at about 75% and the ball just goes forever. I just have to be careful because sometimes I get too lazy on the downswing. +6 41 for 9 in league tonight may be my best league score yet.

Good.

And also just make the clubface aim slightly right. I know you'll resist that, but if you keep pulling the ball, your resistance should fade… :-D

Oh, and nice ball marker. :-)

Just now, iacas said:

Good.

And also just make the clubface aim slightly right. I know you'll resist that, but if you keep pulling the ball, your resistance should fade… :-D

I did keep conscious of that tonight for the most part. On set up I focused on cover not smother and slightly open face. I think I lapsed on it 2 times all night.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, Jeremie Boop said:

I did keep conscious of that tonight for the most part. On set up I focused on cover not smother and slightly open face. I think I lapsed on it 2 times all night.

Good. The pulls are from the lack of umbrella stuff. Just play them a bit for now.

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

So I'm having this strange problem recently... I'm hitting clubs further than I expect. It really bit me 3 times last night. 9 iron on the first hole of league flew probably 165, then hybrid on 12 flew probably 230, then 4 iron on 15 flew probably 215... So, yeah, I'm not used to hitting the ball further than expected quite so many times. Basically, hitting the ball too well is costing me a lot of strokes, I guess I'll need to relearn my distances soon. The only shot that went long that didn't hurt me was a 300 yard 3 wood on 16.... Thankfully I pushed it a bit because if I hadn't I would have hit into the guys on the green. I hit 3 wood trying to be safe and NOT hit on the green.

Edited by Jeremie Boop

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

7 minutes ago, Jeremie Boop said:

So I'm having this strange problem recently... I'm hitting clubs further than I expect. It really bit me 3 times last night. 9 iron on the first hole of league flew probably 165, then hybrid on 12 flew probably 230, then 4 iron on 15 flew probably 215... So, yeah, I'm not used to hitting the ball further than expected quite so many times. Basically, hitting the ball too well is costing me a lot of strokes, I guess I'll need to relearn my distances soon.

Very weird - but a good problem to have! 

How were the rest of your shots? I've definitely had 3-4 anomalous "fliers" in a round, but if it keeps repeating itself, it's probably time for a re-calibration.

- John

1 minute ago, Hardspoon said:

Very weird - but a good problem to have! 

How were the rest of your shots? I've definitely had 3-4 anomalous "fliers" in a round, but if it keeps repeating itself, it's probably time for a re-calibration.

The struggle was the first 4 holes, 2 of them because of shots that were "too good" and 2 of them due to unlucky bounces. After that most of my shots were pretty solid and on line. The only thing that consistently let me down was putting. I just couldn't get the speed down because the greens were much faster than they usually are so I burned the edge of the hole 5 times. With the lost shots and bad bounces on the first 4 holes I was 8 over and the last 5 holes I was only 3 over. On 17 I even hit my 60* wedge from just over 100 yards out to be safe and it still landed on the front of the green. So my lob wedge went about 90 yards which is 10-15 yards more than I typically expect it to go. And that was into a slight wind.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

5 minutes ago, Jeremie Boop said:

The struggle was the first 4 holes, 2 of them because of shots that were "too good" and 2 of them due to unlucky bounces. After that most of my shots were pretty solid and on line. The only thing that consistently let me down was putting. I just couldn't get the speed down because the greens were much faster than they usually are so I burned the edge of the hole 5 times. With the lost shots and bad bounces on the first 4 holes I was 8 over and the last 5 holes I was only 3 over. On 17 I even hit my 60* wedge from just over 100 yards out to be safe and it still landed on the front of the green. So my lob wedge went about 90 yards which is 10-15 yards more than I typically expect it to go. And that was into a slight wind.

Gotcha.

I can hit my 60-degree wedge 100 yards...if you give me two shots.  ;-)

- John

TOO MUCH PLAY NOT ENOUGH PRACTICE!!!!

I have to get out of this habit. Anyway, couple swings from range time before round on Saturday, which the round was almost complete crap play by me. Was nice to have @mcanadiensplay the course I play most of the time up here though.

For the face on, I'm focusing so much on keeping my spine tilt away from the target that I don't think I'm really getting my weight forward. Also, damn swing is way too long. Just another example of when I focus on one thing I seem to forget the other things. Note to self: Stop it! As in stop the swing where it feels 1/2 way, probably will be a full swing.

Not sure what to say about this swing, other than the overswing it looks pretty decent to me. Though I'm sure I'm just being optimistic about that.

Quick note about recent ball flight. Good shots are very nice push draws that fly pretty high, good distance *as in further than before*, drives get pretty good roll most times, and iron shots land soft. Bad shots are predominantly straight pushes that still go the same distance as the draw. The more rare really bad shot is the snap hook, though those aren't nearly as common as they had been in the past.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• Administrator

Turn sooner. Your hands work out and up rather than being carried in with the turn early. Look at your right knee FO. Turn earlier, and stop the backswing when you're done turning.

Let the turn carry your hands in/around.

10 hours ago, iacas said:

Turn sooner. Your hands work out and up rather than being carried in with the turn early. Look at your right knee FO. Turn earlier, and stop the backswing when you're done turning.

Let the turn carry your hands in/around.

I see what you are saying, this:

regression 1.jpg

leads to this:

regression.jpg

I focused on just not reverse tilting and forgot about the correct way to turn. I need to get one of those small mirrors or something like you had me use at GE. In the meantime I started to do what I can at home using the mirror and wall again.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• Administrator

Yes.