IGNORED

Where do you leave your Clubs

Undr Par
Note: This thread is 6114 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I played rounds on Friday afternoon of last week, then Saturday Night and since then have left my clubs in the trunk of my car, (I have a 4:00 tee time today)

I began to start wondering with the temps being so high lately, where do most people leave their clubs? do you bring them in the house after every round, or do you leave them in your vehicle?

Mine have been in the trunk of my car or under the back seat of my truck for YEARS with zero ill effects. I hear it's not good to do, but I always do.

Driver: Superquad 9.5° - XS
3 Wood: Big Bertha II 15° - S
Irons: Mizuno MX-20
Wedges: Mizuno 50-06, 56-11, 60-05
Putter: Hog Mallet

Mine have been in the trunk of my car or under the back seat of my truck for YEARS with zero ill effects. I hear it's not good to do, but I always do.

I've heard the same thing, but I would think that it would only apply to graphite shafts possibility right?

I asked a similar question a few weeks ago - something like "will the heat inside a parked car damage my clubs".

Another member was thoughtful enough to do some research and posted that heat per se will not damage modern shafts or heads themselves, but over a period of several years it may degrade the epoxy binding them together. He posted a link to a tech page on the issue, but I'm awfully sorry, I don't recall the URL. If I find it later (I'm at work now), I'll post it.

Personally I keep my clubs in the car trunk most workdays, since I never know when my boss will ask me for a round after our shift is over. My carreer advancement more than offsets any worries I have about an epoxy failure 5 years down the road. (I do take them into the house on weekends and any other day I'm sure he won't want to play.)

Hope this helps!

Tom

Bag It:

3-Wood Wishon 525 F/D, 13*, Matrix Studio 65gm, Golf Pride Dual Compound
Hybrid: Wishon "321", 24*, MSF 85 HB, Winn DSI
Irons: Wishon 770CFE, Matrix Studio 74gm, Winn DSI

Putter: Odyssey DFX 2-Ball

Bag: Some big, honkin', ridiculous overkill of an Ogio cart bag with more pockets than I have teeth.

I asked a similar question a few weeks ago - something like "will the heat inside a parked car damage my clubs".

great post.....thanks

Trunk of my car. I, too have wondered if it's bad for the clubs to leave them for long periods of time in high heat. I think the only thing it might hurt is the grips on your clubs. So far I haven't had a problem, but I'm sure it can't be great for them.
"The only thing in my bag that works is the bug spray."

In My Bag:
Big Bertha 454 Titanium (10º)
Big Bertha Fairway Woods Ping G2 HL (Black Dot) Ping M/B (56º & 52º) Mizuno MP-R Series (60º) Odyssey Black Series i #7

I keep mine inside because I am much more likely to practice pitching around the yard if I do not have to get them out of my car to do it.

I heard the same thing about the golf balls, so I now only keep the necessary balls in my bag and the rest are stored in my garage.

I keep my clubs in my trunk most of the summer, just because you never know when you'll get time to squeeze in some practice. I'd hate to have an opportunity to play but not have my clubs and have to go clear home to get them.
"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

The only downside to having a pick up that does not have a lockable cover on the bed is that I can't keep my clubs with me. They are in my wifes Durango.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

It's not a good idea to leave clubs in your trunk if you keep the car in sunlight and the temperature is much over 80 or so. When the temp gets up over 100-120 in the trunk (as it will if you leave the car parked in the sun on a hot day), it does, over time, damage the grips, the epoxy bonds, and epoxies within graphite shafts.

That said, it would probably take many, many days of such abuse to really damage anything, but as a rule it's better not to leave them this way.

Most of the time I keep mine at the club where I belong, but from time to time I take them with me and frequently leave them in my trunk. However, if I'm going somewhere where I know I will have to be parked in hot sun, I leave them home in the basement. When parked in the covered parking garage at work, I will leave them in my trunk.

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I used to keep them in my trunk all the time but my current car doesn't really have the luxury of space to do so. I don't usually have impromptu rounds and we recently cleaned up a nice little area of our bedroom, so I have a corner with some nice golf artwork hanging and my clubs fit nicely in there.

Tangent: wouldn't golf balls kept nicely warm be more resilient? Is it just a matter of feel, or does the ball truly degrade with the heat?

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

I keep mine in the trunk of my car. My car just won't run if they aren't in there

Seriously though, I never thought about them being affected by heat. Interesting info.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

...Tangent: wouldn't golf balls kept nicely warm be more resilient? Is it just a matter of feel, or does the ball truly degrade with the heat?

I don't know. Some guys put softballs in the microwave to hit them further.....

Driver: Superquad 9.5° - XS
3 Wood: Big Bertha II 15° - S
Irons: Mizuno MX-20
Wedges: Mizuno 50-06, 56-11, 60-05
Putter: Hog Mallet

I actually keep my bag in my bedroom. I like putting on my rug, marking my balls, and just looking at them in there ahahha.
in the bag:
R580XD 10.5°
Rescue Dual 19°
Titleist 755 4-PW
Vokey Black Nickel 54.10° Vokey Oil Can 60.08° Circa 62 No. 2 Charcoal Mist

I don't know. Some guys put softballs in the microwave to hit them further.....

My Grandfather actually puts his balls into boiling water before a round. He says it gives him a nice soft feel.

in the bag:
R580XD 10.5°
Rescue Dual 19°
Titleist 755 4-PW
Vokey Black Nickel 54.10° Vokey Oil Can 60.08° Circa 62 No. 2 Charcoal Mist

I like to keep them in the back of my vehicle as much as possible. Then during lunch break I can go to the range or after work go right to the course. Although, with a new baby, his stroller seems to take the place of my clubs more often than not.

X460 Tour Driver
S2H2 4 wood
mp32 irons
MP T Black Nickel 51&56 Wedges
Answer Putter

Although, with a new baby, his stroller seems to take the place of my clubs more often than not.

Ahhh man, reason # whatever for me to hold off on having kids

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

Note: This thread is 6114 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!