IGNORED

Throwing scalps on fairway irons

Note: This thread is 3922 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm hitting my irons great, the way I want to. The distance is on, knowing right when I hit it that it is going to be on the green, but I am carving out HUGE, 8-14 inch scalps and throwing them 15 yards. Am I doing something wrong? Hurting the Course? (I replace and fix divots, but they are huge) Am I swinging too steep, and possibly a swing fault? Or do I keep doing what I am doing bc when I hit a good shot it is on the green? Thanks to all responses in advance, Birdies to all.

I'm guessing you play the ball pretty far back in your stance.  It makes sense that you can still hit it even if the bottom of your swing is 6 inches in front of the ball, provided you hit down at the right spot.

It's definitely unconventional, but if it's consistent, I guess more power to ya.  I'm sure it's easy for you to get it out of the rough with that style shot.

Driver: 905S 8* - Graffaloy Blue 65S Shaft (tipped 1" Short)
Fairway: 960F (15*, 19*)
Irons: T-Zoid Pro 4-PW w/ True Temper Steel
Wedges: MP-R Black 52*, 56*
Lob: 60* CG-10 (nice and rusty)Putter: OZ Putter (with oversized Winn Blue Grip)Ball:: One Tour

Note: This thread is 3922 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!