IGNORED

Ever have this happen to you?

cbe_golfer
Note: This thread is 6114 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I hope you dont experience this. My bag fell out of the cart yesterday. Landed headfirst with my driver. Shaft broke. Just when I was starting to work it pretty good with the driver, I had this happen to me. Thinking of going to Titleist this time.

In the bag:
905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder S
X 15* Fujikura R
X 19* Fujikura S
4-P MP-14 TT DGS300 53* 588 Gunmetal MP series 56-14 TT wedge MP-R 60-09 Rifle SpinnerDFX Two ball Pro V1

I hope you dont experience this. My bag fell out of the cart yesterday. Landed headfirst with my driver. Shaft broke. Just when I was starting to work it pretty good with the driver, I had this happen to me. Thinking of going to Titleist this time.

Never had it happen to me, but I am pretty sure I would have cried if it had. Well I guess if anything it gives you an excuse to buy new stuff

X460 Tour Driver
S2H2 4 wood
mp32 irons
MP T Black Nickel 51&56 Wedges
Answer Putter

Check the friends you were with, it's one of the classic golf pranks. But usually, no one gets hurt (your poor driver).

Driver: Titleist 907D1
3W: 906F2 15
5W: Cobra SZ HS
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 21
Irons: Taylormade Rac LT2 Wedges: Vokey SM 52 + 56 Putter: Some old piece of crap

Ouch man.. that must really suck. On Monday, when I was playing on a par 5, one of the straps on my bag snapped. I was soo pissed, ended up getting like an 8. Going to dicks sporting goods this weekend to get a new one [hopefully they still have the Nike Sasquatch bags.. Saw a guy the same day with one. Looked soo sweet.]

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5*
3W: r7 Draw 15*
2H: Slingshot Hybrid 17*
7W: Launcher Sport 22*
Irons: Launcher 5-PWGW: X-Tour 50*SW: SV Tour 56*Putter: Sabertooth 34"Ball: TaylorMade TP LD Red

Check the friends you were with, it's one of the classic golf pranks. But usually, no one gets hurt (your poor driver).

I know that prank but I was playing alone yesterday. Usually walk when I am alone. But it was like a 100 degrees yesterday. You may see many pros in their swimwear during the PGA championships here next week.

In the bag:
905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder S
X 15* Fujikura R
X 19* Fujikura S
4-P MP-14 TT DGS300 53* 588 Gunmetal MP series 56-14 TT wedge MP-R 60-09 Rifle SpinnerDFX Two ball Pro V1

Well, I've never seen or had any club break after falling out of the back, but my dad and I were playing a few months ago and when we got to the green we noticed his bad was missing, so he had to go back and look for it.
What's in my Mizuno Aerolite Stand bag:

r7 460 10.5*, stock Stiff Flex Shaft
CLK Fli-Hi 17* hybrid, Prolaunch Blue Stiff shaft
Slingshot Tour 21*, DGS300 shaft Baffler DWS Hybrid 26*, Aldila NVS-HL shaft MP-60 5-PW DG S300 shafts Tour Action 900 54*/12* WedgeVokey Spin Milled 58*/08* Wedge...

a buddy of mine once finished his round of golf (riding not walking), sat his bag on the post stand outside the clubhouse, went to the restroom and got a soda then right to his SUV and then drove all the way home (the course he played that day was about 30minutes from his house, (I wasn't with him either) he didn't realize he left the clubs there until the next day when he had another tee time set up for the both of us ......thankfully he called the course where he left them and they still had them, someone brought them in..(he has nice clubs too, King Cobra Driver, and Callaway Big Bertha Irons)

since then he always drives his clubs back to his truck 1st then drops off the cart, and also places his keys inside in bag (where previously he left them in his pocket) so this can't happen again.....

My bag fell off the cart a few weeks ago, as the cart was going up a hill. Then the cart almost died getting to the top of the hill. No clubs were harmed in this process. The cart eventually died on the next fairway. We had called the starter 30 minutes before about the dying cart, and he hadn't yet gotten us a replacement.

Then I sank my first ever birdie putt after walking to the top of that hill, right after the clubs fell off. So far, I'm 1-for-1 on birdie putts following a falling-off-the-cart-of-the-bag.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It has something to do with the way they drill the shaft through the bottom of the clubface - it puts more strain on the shaft, causing it to break more easily.

If yours is a fairly recent driver, give Callaway a call - they might replace it for you free. I've had the bag fall off the back of the cart - always as a prank, though.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Bag fell off the cart once when my friend loaded both bags on the cart while I went to buy a Gatorade before the round. Luckily he forgot to strap his in too and his bag broke my bag's fall. =)

BTW: You don't have to buy an all new driver. Most good golf stores offer club repair and can reshaft it for less than half of what a new driver would cost.

Driver: SasQuatch 10.5°, Stiff Flex
Woods: Grand Slam 3-wood & 5-wood
Irons: TPS 7.0 3I-PW
Wedges: 56° sand wedge & 60° lob wedge
Putter: White Hot #6

I have an Ogio bag with a little rubber strap that prevents this from happing. It loops over the cart bag bar on the cart. It also keeps the bag from twisting.

I have been to a few courses that the strap locks are so worn that they barley hold the bags on.

hammerTyme();
stop();

It happend twice to me - once after hitting a shot from a waste area i drove back to the fairway and wanted to hit the next shot - grabbing a club from my bag - eh my bag was gone - i lost it and didnt even realize it :)

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

Note: This thread is 6114 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!