IGNORED

My Swing (Camforreal)

camforreal
Note: This thread is 3890 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 15 years

My current handicap index or average score is: 80-82

My typical ball flight is: High Draw

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Push/Straight Draw

Videos:

Let me know if the video quality isn't good enough, I will get some better footage.

solid swing.  My swing looks fairly similar to yours so I may be able to help.

One thing I think you can do is work on your shoulder turn. your left shoulder can work more downward and around instead of just around. I noticed you have a little sway of your head backwards in the back swing.  I think if you feel this shoulder turn it will stop this sway. In this video you did a get job of moving the head forward on the downswing to get it back to the address position, but if you do not do this you might have some trouble with consistency.

Good luck I hope this helps!

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by stb5089

solid swing.  My swing looks fairly similar to yours so I may be able to help.

One thing I think you can do is work on your shoulder turn. your left shoulder can work more downward and around instead of just around. I noticed you have a little sway of your head backwards in the back swing.  I think if you feel this shoulder turn it will stop this sway. In this video you did a get job of moving the head forward on the downswing to get it back to the address position, but if you do not do this you might have some trouble with consistency.

Good luck I hope this helps!

So kinda feel I am pulling the left shoulder back down the line first and then around instead of just rotating my shoulders immediately?

And thank you for the kind words! I am new to the forums and I have only played 6 or 7 times this year. Trying to really push myself to improve.

AH I see exactly what you mean now! Def a bit corny, but I now know exactly what you mean and I honestly didn't even know i was doing that. Thank you very much for the tip. I will do my best to implement it. I appreciate it!

Good looking swing! Can you please try and get some footage from the standard angles. That'll really help.

http://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

Quick impressions. Your backswing is solid but you have quite a bit of early extension/cross lateral hip thrust in the downswing that's sending your club path too far out to the right. That's where the pushes and overdraws are going to be coming from.

• Upvote 1

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Stretch

Good looking swing! Can you please try and get some footage from the standard angles. That'll really help.

http://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

Quick impressions. Your backswing is solid but you have quite a bit of early extension/cross lateral hip thrust in the downswing that's sending your club path too far out to the right. That's where the pushes and overdraws are going to be coming from.

Yes I definitely will. Maybe Friday or Saturday I can get some better footage. Would love any help I could get. Any drills/tips for the early extension/cross lateral hip thrust?

No easy fix, but a decent place to start is with the thought of keeping your right heel on the ground as long as you can.

• Upvote 1

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I will keep working on that. I have been trying but it is hard to change something you have been doing the same way for over 15 years. Wish I hadn't done it the wrong for so long lol.

Update:

Went to the range and tried to implement the shoulder turn tips. Got some DTLish footage lol. Had my phone sitting on my golf bag with no real points of reference to aim the camera or setup in line with it. So I am really not sure if I was trying to aim down the camera line and I just have a closed stance that I was unaware of or it I was cockeyed a little. And I was going to get some footage from the side but my dang phone battery got too low and wouldnt let me record.

I went from a 12 cap to about a 3 (disregard my unupdated profile). Anyways I had a very similar flaw as you. You're way out in front of it with your lower body because your trying to kill it so you hit it high and lose distance. In order to fix this you need work on sequencing. That's how you obtain lag and distance. What I did was make a backswing pause 3 seconds at the top and start your hands down first. Do this a lot, you'll notice the amount of lag and shaft lean you have. This is a drill to get the feel of moving your arms faster than your body in order to gain lag. Once you do this a lot, you should make half swings with your arms moving faster than your body. This should not feel comfortable at first. video tape every swing and look at every one to make sure your arms are not way behind your body. Hope this helps, it's gonna take time Im still working on improving this.
  • Upvote 1

In a different way thats pretty much what mike with 5sk said. Said i was spinning out early with my hips. Found a few of their videos to help me out. And yep i do hit it high. very very high with my driver. I am going to hit the range this week and work on it. Thanks for the tip and for sharing man. I appreciate it.

Note: This thread is 3890 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!