Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tiny Toe

Need some advice

0  

  1. 1. Should I switch to Titleist AP2s?

    • Yes
      0
    • No
      1

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I'm very undecided on what to do right now.  I have a set of titleist 712 AP2s laying around and at the moment i'm playing with titleist 710 AP1s.  I hit my AP1s fine, but I really like the way the AP2s set up and feel.  I can hit the AP2s good too, but do you think I should crossover to a more players club, or stay with a little more forgiving club.  I am a 9 handicap, but I strike the ball well.

Thanks for the advice!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Play the ones that give you the best chance of scoring well. You may want to consider a mixed bag: 3-5 in the AP1 and 6-PW in the AP2, or something to that effect.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

How would we know?

Surely you would know which ones you hit better.

You have to decide for yourself.

Seems you think you "should" be using the AP2 because it's a "player's" club.

There are tour and major winners who use/d AP1, just in case you think they're uncool.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suggestions from my former scramble partner.

This guy was a scratch golfer on a small-college team back several years ago. He played blade irons back then.

Now he's an 8 HDCP, and has gone to GI cavity irons. He said with job and family, his golf time is limited. He does better with reliable hit-the-green shots than going pin-hunting and risking a wild miss. He just doesn't have the old edge with less practice/playing time.

Unless your AP1s are holding your back (doesn't quite sound like it), you might keep playing them.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by geauxforbroke

Play the ones that give you the best chance of scoring well. You may want to consider a mixed bag: 3-5 in the AP1 and 6-PW in the AP2, or something to that effect.

If your AP1s and AP2s have the same shafts and grips, I'd probably consider something like this.  You can decide where the cutoff is for your mid-long irons for the AP1s.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by delav

If your AP1s and AP2s have the same shafts and grips, I'd probably consider something like this.  You can decide where the cutoff is for your mid-long irons for the AP1s.

Same shaft different grips, but I don't think the grips will be a big deal right?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree that maybe making a mixed bag of ap1 and ap2 is a good way to maybe sell your self on either a complete conversion or sticking with the mixed set. If you think you will score better with the ap2 set then use it or what ever one you feel more confident with

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's your typical miss? If it's off the toe, then you'll probably notice a marked difference with your miss hits.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Infamous 273

What's your typical miss? If it's off the toe, then you'll probably notice a marked difference with your miss hits.

All my miss-hits are hooks.My normal ball flight is a high slight draw.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm trying to wrap my mind around a set of AP2's just "lying around"....... Mind if I come over and wander around a bit? ;-)
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Tiny Toe

Quote:

Originally Posted by delav

If your AP1s and AP2s have the same shafts and grips, I'd probably consider something like this.  You can decide where the cutoff is for your mid-long irons for the AP1s.

Same shaft different grips, but I don't think the grips will be a big deal right?

You probably won't notice much difference as long as there isn't a large disparity in the weight of the grips, which will change the swing weight of the clubs.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by David in FL

I'm trying to wrap my mind around a set of AP2's just "lying around".......

Mind if I come over and wander around a bit?

Haha! the AP2s are my dad's old clubs but he can't hit them anymore so he bought a set of G25s.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Tiny Toe

Hey all,

I'm very undecided on what to do right now.  I have a set of titleist 712 AP2s laying around and at the moment i'm playing with titleist 710 AP1s.  I hit my AP1s fine, but I really like the way the AP2s set up and feel.  I can hit the AP2s good too, but do you think I should crossover to a more players club, or stay with a little more forgiving club.  I am a 9 handicap, but I strike the ball well.

Thanks for the advice!

...................

Haha! the AP2s are my dad's old clubs but he can't hit them anymore so he bought a set of G25s

I voted no, stick with the AP1's, since you didn't really give any golf related reason that you wanted to go to AP2 other than they look nice (i.e. need more workability, different launch angles, etc.).  I'm thinking your dad is on the right track.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes you should play AP2's from 5 down to PW.  Keep the AP1 3i and 4i.  I'll buy the heads off of your 5i-PW 710 AP1's.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0