IGNORED

Does this annoy anyone else as well?

tlstarkk
Note: This thread is 3835 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I had a comment from a colleague yesterday who heard that I'd started playing & upon learning that I'd purchased a set of Nike Covert irons as my first set said "Oh, so you're one of those guys". When I asked what he meant by that his reply was "you know, just starting out and go straight for the expensive kit". The fact is I got fitted and these were recommended to suit me as a G.I. set and were also on offer with £100 off the price. Golf clubs are expensive, so personally I see no reason to pay for a cheap(er) set now only to have to fork out again in the future for better clubs. My clubs are an investment and I see no reason to look down on someone just because their choice of clubs happen to sit at either the cheap or expensive end of the price range. With regards to balls I would however like to point out that I'm currently paying £14 for 18 balls, I have no intention of paying upwards of £30 per dozen with the amount I'll be losing!

I had a comment from a colleague yesterday who heard that I'd started playing & upon learning that I'd purchased a set of Nike Covert irons as my first set said "Oh, so you're one of those guys".

When I asked what he meant by that his reply was "you know, just starting out and go straight for the expensive kit".

The fact is I got fitted and these were recommended to suit me as a G.I. set and were also on offer with £100 off the price.

Golf clubs are expensive, so personally I see no reason to pay for a cheap(er) set now only to have to fork out again in the future for better clubs.

My clubs are an investment and I see no reason to look down on someone just because their choice of clubs happen to sit at either the cheap or expensive end of the price range.

With regards to balls I would however like to point out that I'm currently paying £14 for 18 balls, I have no intention of paying upwards of £30 per dozen with the amount I'll be losing!

Sounds like a bit of sour grapes to me.  Congrats on a nice set of irons that will likely work for you for a long time!

BTW, my condolences on the Derby last week.....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

BTW, my condolences on the Derby last week.....

:~( Just as I was starting to get over that too! In all honesty they absolutely tanked us and it wouldn't have been an unfair scoreline if they had put another 2 or 3 past us. Nice to see folks in the US following football (the real football that is) :-D

I hope it's a short-lived fad. With all of the reality TV crap on nowadays instead of shows featuring acting or programming on history and science, I sure as hell hope that our sports programming doesn't get watered down any further with more soccer. If anyone thinks that more soccer is what he or she needs in his or her life, here's a suggestion: Take a small object (a coin or golf ball will do), go stand in front of a mirror, and throw the ball from your right hand into your left hand, then throw it back to your right. Do this for 100 minutes. If you can get to 200 tosses without dropping it, scream "YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and run around like a ninny with your hands in the air for five minutes. If you drop it with your left hand, exclaim "Brilliant defense by the right! BRILLIANT!!!!!" or vice versa if your right hand drops it. There you have it - you have exactly replicated the entire experience of a soccer match, without needing to inflict an activity less exciting than watching paint dry upon the mostly sane inhabitants of the United States.

In my bag: - Ping G20 driver, 10.5 deg. S flex - Ping G20 3W, 15 deg., S flex - Nickent 4dx 3H, 4H - Nike Slingshot 4-PW - Adams Tom Watson 52 deg. GW - Vokey 58 deg. SW -Ping Half Wack-E putter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smuggler View Post

Nice to see folks in the US following football (the real football that is)

I hope it's a short-lived fad. With all of the reality TV crap on nowadays instead of shows featuring acting or programming on history and science, I sure as hell hope that our sports programming doesn't get watered down any further with more soccer. If anyone thinks that more soccer is what he or she needs in his or her life, here's a suggestion: Take a small object (a coin or golf ball will do), go stand in front of a mirror, and throw the ball from your right hand into your left hand, then throw it back to your right. Do this for 100 minutes. If you can get to 200 tosses without dropping it, scream "YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and run around like a ninny with your hands in the air for five minutes. If you drop it with your left hand, exclaim "Brilliant defense by the right! BRILLIANT!!!!!" or vice versa if your right hand drops it. There you have it - you have exactly replicated the entire experience of a soccer match, without needing to inflict an activity less exciting than watching paint dry upon the mostly sane inhabitants of the United States.

I wish I did not live in WI.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

I wish I did not live in WI.

With the good, comes the bad.....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

With the good, comes the bad.....

And so it is written. :)

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Honestly, you sound a bit jealous or insecure.

I have never paid attention to what anyone else plays and probably never will.

I've been playing with the same guys for years and I still dont know whose wedge I am picking up when we walk off of the green.

The only time their equipment bothers me is when someone else in my group plays a yellow srixon - i play yellow so can i tell while driving up that it is my ball - one joker will play one once in awhile to attempt to get under my skin.

You've played with the same guys for years and haven't looked at their clubs out of interest one time?  Yea.... OK

See: The Emperor's New Robe See Also: The infallibiilty of democracies and the uncanny ability of the masses to avoid voting for stupid/dishonest/greedy politicians. OK, enough already. I'll stop.

In my bag: - Ping G20 driver, 10.5 deg. S flex - Ping G20 3W, 15 deg., S flex - Nickent 4dx 3H, 4H - Nike Slingshot 4-PW - Adams Tom Watson 52 deg. GW - Vokey 58 deg. SW -Ping Half Wack-E putter

To the OP Unless somebody is playing slowly in front of you because of their equipment, why do you care what equipment they play? If it bothers you, it's your issue. There's enough tension and stress in the world, why add to it on something that does not affect you?

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Note: This thread is 3835 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!