IGNORED

My Swing (nick1998bunker)

nick1998bunker
Note: This thread is 2168 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have my driver set to 7.5 degrees- when I swing up 2 degrees I launch it at 16 degrees with 3600rpm. How should I lower the aoa and dynamic loft difference?

Couple questions.

- What are you using to get these numbers?

- Are you hitting the shots off the heel?

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Trackman indoor so it's kind of hard to see what I'm doing. Looking at my results from the combine I hit one 1.49 smash factor(decent hit) 11.3 launch -1.2 aoa 3103 spin... That's a little more like my old swing Another one I hit way high on the face 1.45 smash 16 launch 2.4 up 3500 spin I was hitting high on the face but I think I'm going to fix that with ball position so I can swing with my most of my old swing. Just hitting into the trackman I would say a normal hit is 1.49 smash, 13-15 launch 2 up 4000 spin. Not penetrating at all

• 1 month later...
Put shaft in ground on target line..swing to the right of the shaft,,or stick alignment stick in the ground and swing to the right of it, Palmar flexion on way down,,watch faces sky feel..a no flip release..all the way to the follow thru, Recommend gerry hogan book,and his teachings,,see gerry

Like working on the swing,,score means nothing to me. Might just go to the range and give up playing... ( might happen)

Does anyone know how to make my swing more upright without swinging more to the left?

Why do you want to make your swing more upright?

Mike McLoughlin

Why do you want to make your swing more upright?

i feel as if I am wrapping around my body which seems like i am losing power and control. Iv had some lessons and my swing does not feel right. Ive struggled on plane, contact, power, and workability.

Put shaft in ground on target line..swing to the right of the shaft,,or stick alignment stick in the ground and swing to the right of it,

Palmar flexion on way down,,watch faces sky feel..a no flip release..all the way to the follow thru,

Recommend gerry hogan book,and his teachings,,see gerry

Im confused on what you mean.

Notice how closed your club face is at the top of your back swing. This will cause a pull hook because of how closed it comes up, it will come down closed and cause a counter clockwise spin in the ball with then results in a pull or pull hook. Try to get it more square at the top by opening the club face a tad when beginning your backswing. The club head should form about a 45 degree angle at the top which is what we call square. Careful not to get anything higher such as a 90 degree angle because this will do the opposite - slice, push, fade galore. The principle applies. The same, square as top, square through will cause straight golf shots.

Notice how closed your club face is at the top of your back swing. This will cause a pull hook because of how closed it comes up, it will come down closed and cause a counter clockwise spin in the ball with then results in a pull or pull hook. Try to get it more square at the top by opening the club face a tad when beginning your backswing. The club head should form about a 45 degree angle at the top which is what we call square. Careful not to get anything higher such as a 90 degree angle because this will do the opposite - slice, push, fade galore. The principle applies. The same, square as top, square through will cause straight golf shots.

Yes, I worked on that and it is now parallel to my forearm. My coach has had me working on turning the body rather than sliding and now all my divots point left. When i try and swing far to the right like I used to i can only get it to point straight. This is not the case with the driver however which is weird because I thought that was supposed to swing more left. I can get the ball to start online and draw it any amount no problem with the driver but not quite as much with the irons. I also prefer the draw because my fade seems to start left spin up and land 20 yards short.

Yes, I worked on that and it is now parallel to my forearm. My coach has had me working on turning the body rather than sliding and now all my divots point left. When i try and swing far to the right like I used to i can only get it to point straight. This is not the case with the driver however which is weird because I thought that was supposed to swing more left. I can get the ball to start online and draw it any amount no problem with the driver but not quite as much with the irons. I also prefer the draw because my fade seems to start left spin up and land 20 yards short.

Nice, bro. Yeah, the irons are a different case since the ball seems to come off the club differently than to that of a driver. My hypothesis is because you strike more with a downward angle of attack with irons, hence the divot, and with the driver and fairway woods you try to have more of a sweeping strike which makes the angle of attack a very important factor. Most of it also depends on your footwork and the way you're setting up to the ball that will help you shape shots with whatever club. You probably know this but when people want to hit a draw, they set up closed to their target line, and the opposite for a fade. You're not changing too much in your swing, you're still swinging toward your target, but the way you are set up to the ball will determine the swing plane. If you're closed, then it will tend to go from in to out, thus creating the spin that will result in a draw. If you set up open, then it will go out to in then you will hit a fade. Once again you probably know this but I'm just saying it just in case. Again, I think the irons are different because while you're striking downward, you also give the back spin which makes which ever way you struck the ball (in or out) less since there's the rapid backspin to come with it. In the case of the woods, it's a dead on strike with hardly any backspin so most of the time the counter clockwise to clockwise spin is dominant.

i feel as if I am wrapping around my body which seems like i am losing power and control. Iv had some lessons and my swing does not feel right. Ive struggled on plane, contact, power, and workability.

What do you mean by wrapping around your body?  Is the left arm lower, more "under" the shoulders than the guys below?  The left arm has to get "in" eventually, so the simplest thing would be to have it in sequence with your pivot. Left arm matching the shoulder pitch or a little above it, again the the pic below.

These guys it it plenty far

I also prefer the draw because my fade seems to start left spin up and land 20 yards short.

Yes and that is one of the potential issues with swinging left.  I would imagine this is the source of your power loss, not necessarily the arms not being upright enough.  The problem with wrapping around the body could be the location of the right elbow, might be "sliding" behind your shirt seam.

Mike McLoughlin

I'm in about the same position as them. I went to the range today and I seem to have loss my game:(. I took a few lessons and it's gone. I probably am going to work on contact before the rest of the stuff. I didn't hit a single ball correctly today. Where should I start? Should I take a break and hope I get it back?

Work on keys 1-3. Those are the pillars of contact. If you don't have those, then you will struggle.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I'm in about the same position as them. I went to the range today and I seem to have loss my game:(. I took a few lessons and it's gone. I probably am going to work on contact before the rest of the stuff. I didn't hit a single ball correctly today. Where should I start? Should I take a break and hope I get it back?

Post a video

Mike McLoughlin

I forgot to get a video today so ill get on that but is there any sound theories as to why I might be swinging to the left to straight with irons and way to the right with driver? Any like science behind it?

Finally got my swing back, went one day and hacked it up came home and watched tiger for a little but then had all the confidence in the world and had a good day. Went out and played yesterday in the cold wind and rain and shot 82 but hit the ball well considering but had 40+putts. I hit like 10 stingers and worked the ball left to right right to left and up and down. Had a little trouble with the driver near the end which was stressful because we were betting on a box of provs but I prevailed :)

Does anyone know how to turn the driver head over more? Usually second half of the round I start to leave the face open which can be intimidating coming down the stretch. The only way I can do it with out hooking it is by swinging hard at it. Which can be scary even though I never really mess it up.

Does anyone know how to turn the driver head over more? Usually second half of the round I start to leave the face open which can be intimidating coming down the stretch. The only way I can do it with out hooking it is by swinging hard at it. Which can be scary even though I never really mess it up.

All the problems you've mentioned in the last several post have stemmed from how fast the hips tuck under you and the right heel coming off the ground too early.

Would suggest taking a look at these posts ;-)

http://thesandtrap.com/t/69623/my-swing-nick1998bunker#post_889980

http://thesandtrap.com/t/69623/my-swing-nick1998bunker#post_897554

Mike McLoughlin

All the problems you've mentioned in the last several post have stemmed from how fast the hips tuck under you and the right heel coming off the ground too early. Would suggest taking a look at these posts ;-) [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/t/69623/my-swing-nick1998bunker#post_889980]http://thesandtrap.com/t/69623/my-swing-nick1998bunker#post_889980[/URL] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/t/69623/my-swing-nick1998bunker#post_897554]http://thesandtrap.com/t/69623/my-swing-nick1998bunker#post_897554[/URL]

I took a lesson and we worked on turning more than sliding and that solved it partially but he said that I was coming up as a form of taking power from my legs. Like a lot of the pros do. He said that it wasn't a top priority

Note: This thread is 2168 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!