IGNORED

Road to college golf

Note: This thread is 3887 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok to begin I am a freshman this year and have been on our highschool team since 8th grade. Played in the 9th spot with a 9 hdcp and hope this year to be like number 4 or 5 with a 1-3(we have a huge school with fairly rich kids so golf is pretty big. 4300 students) i really want to play college golf. Ive read alot about people starting too late so i just want to get my head around it early. I wont be very big 5'5" if lucky but get good distance (150 9 iron atleast). Ive played in about 5 local tournaments, won one and could have one 2 more but blew it on last holes(didnt know i had a chance). I was a 7 hdcp at the time but short game has improved DRAMATICALLY and i did a total rework of my swing(videos in other threads) so idk wht i am now but i suspect definantly below a 2.

anyway i was just wondering what biginning steps i should take and also what tournaments i should be playing in I think there is something like ajga maybe or should i build up to that.. I cant drive yet but in like 8 months i hope to get a membership at a local club.

also i expect to have like a 4.2 atleast gpa when i graduate so thats not a real issue and maybe a benefit. My family is fairly wealthy so  a scholarship is not a HUGE deal but i would certainly like some help.

Incase im missing something important please anwer that im a first child and things have changed since the 80s so my parents are learning as well.

I have no doubt i should be averaging par or better by the time i graduate.

any tips advice appresiated thanks in advance

4.2?  Are you taking AP classes or something?

I am curious to hear the answers as well.  My 11 year old has some good natural talent in golf and he plans on being on the high school team as soon as he can.  There aren't many kids in my area that pick up golf much earlier than 13 or so.  This makes me think that he has a really good chance of being at the top of the team (he's been playing since he was about 6).

Good luck!

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I would think a good bet would be to send some swing videos and maybe some scorecards to the colleges you are interested in just see what they have to say?  Just throwing out some random ideas...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4.2?  Are you taking AP classes or something? I am curious to hear the answers as well.  My 11 year old has some good natural talent in golf and he plans on being on the high school team as soon as he can.  There aren't many kids in my area that pick up golf much earlier than 13 or so.  This makes me think that he has a really good chance of being at the top of the team (he's been playing since he was about 6). Good luck!

At my school AP classes are on a 5 point scale and Honors are on a 4.5. I guess to a college that would mean I have a 3.9. And good luck to your son, I assume he's going to make the golf team and It is a very fun experience. [quote name="Golfer20" url="/t/69626/road-to-college-golf#post_892617"]I would think a good bet would be to send some swing videos and maybe some scorecards to the colleges you are interested in just see what they have to say?  Just throwing out some random ideas... [/quote] I started making a website with all my information but haven't gotten around to filming any swings, I'm a little scared because of all the NCAA rules about communication. Ill look into it.

Note: This thread is 3887 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!