• Announcements

• iacas

Visit FlagstickRule.com   03/13/2017

Visit the site flagstickrule.com to read about and sign a petition for the USGA/R&A regarding the one terrible rule in the proposed "modernized" rules for 2019.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kcevans

Which Driver would you choose.

14 posts in this topic

I have  choice between 2 drivers and I'm unsure of which one to get. I have hit both and each have their own pros and cons.

1st Driver -  Taylor Made R9 Super Tri .

2nd Driver - Callaway Razr Fit.

Both are 10.5 with regular flex shafts.

All input is welcome.

I would go with the Callaway. I think it is more forgiving than the TM.

Ditch them both and get a geek FS3 head and a shaft to suit your swing! I did and never looked back!

It doesn't matter which I would get, because I'm not you.......honestly, neither would work well for me.

That's not to say that we might not be able to help in your decision though.  Tell us a little about your game.  Why are you looking for a new driver in the first place, and what are the pros and cons of each from your perspective.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Dave40

I would go with the Callaway. I think it is more forgiving than the TM.

Honestly all drivers are forgiving. The MOI for drivers is crazy high, there isn't much difference. Maybe if your looking at a mizuno it might be a bit lower, or a Titleist, but there all very super forgiving.

i have gamed both and would have to say either one is great. i ended up with the razer hawk not the fit in the end due my buddy buying the fit out from under me lol i dont blame him real nice club. but the r9 is very strong in my heart i gamed that for a couple years before moving on to the cally. the only reason i ditched the r9 was the loft i went to a 9.5 from a 10.5 i was hitting a little to high for my liking

Cally has had "better" stock shafts than TM for at least a couple of years, but again "better" in the general sense means nothing to an individual golfer.

I have  choice between 2 drivers and I'm unsure of which one to get. I have hit both and each have their own pros and cons. 1st Driver -  Taylor Made R9 Super Tri . 2nd Driver - Callaway Razr Fit. Both are 10.5 with regular flex shafts. All input is welcome.

What are the pros and cons that you noticed?

i like the Cleveland classic for my game. the sweet spot is big and it cut my slice to a bit more of a fade or straight. i also have a issue of coming across the ball so if i can get a handle on that i would probably be more of a draw player. i prefer the lighter drivers with a shorter shaft also. i will give yards up all day to play from the short grass. I had the razer hawk before this club and hit it decent but missed right a lot. favorite driver all time was the r7 super quad.

What are the pros and cons that you noticed?

Why are you limited to those 2? I loved my SuperTri although it was not the longest head. The Geek DCT is the longest head I've tried I think.

Ditch them both and get a geek FS3 head and a shaft to suit your swing! I did and never looked back!

Nice head although I prefer the DotComThis. I've owned 4 FS3, but still have the 1st DCT I ever owned. I've heard much good about the No Brainer also.

Nice head although I prefer the DotComThis. I've owned 4 FS3, but still have the 1st DCT I ever owned. I've heard much good about the No Brainer also.

Yeah, I currently own and use both the fs3 and the no brainer, both solid heads! I was gonna buy the DCT but then the NB came out so I got that built instead, my next driver will definitely be the DCT though! I've yet to read a bad word about it!