IGNORED

How much do you practise chipping?

Note: This thread is 6129 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How much do you practise chipping?

• Every day
    • 4-6 times a week
    • 1-3 times a week
    • Rarely

The thread title is the question.
Since I've been finding a lot of problems are coming on the short game area of my game, I have been starting to practise chipping every night for an hour, and sometimes when there's nothing else to do in the day I will go out and practise chipping.
In My Bag:
Driver: Cobra F Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
3 Wood: Cobra F Speed 15°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
Irons: Cobra 2300 I/M 3-PW
Wedge: Cobra M 54°Putter: Yes! SophiaBall: TaylorMade TP Red

Whenever I hit the range, I warm up for an hour on the chipping green. Lately, trying to bust out of this slump, I've been going 3 times a week.

Driver: Titleist 907D1
3W: 906F2 15
5W: Cobra SZ HS
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 21
Irons: Taylormade Rac LT2 Wedges: Vokey SM 52 + 56 Putter: Some old piece of crap

I rarely get out to pratice chiping, their is really only one decent practise facility near to me (there are seveal that are about 45 minutes away though) but I have a hard time finding the time to get there. I would like to practise more, and everytime I start a round I think I really wish I could have practiced chipping and putting this week. Maybe try to make some thime for the rest of the summer.

If you practice where do you practice, back yard, park, or practise facility?

In my Grom:
Driver: :nike: Sasquatch 9.5° Graffalloy Shaft-Stiff Flex
FW: :nike: 3 (15°) & 5 (19°) Sasquatch Diamana Shaft-Stiff Flex
Hybrid: :touredge: Tour Edge Exotics Ironwood 21° Adila Shaft-Stiff Flex
Irons: :nike: 4-AW OSS Steel Shaft-Stiff Flex
Wedges: :vokey: Vokey Spin Milled 54 and 60
Putter:  :edel: Basic Series 

Everytime I go to the range.

Equipment, Setup, Finish, Balance, and Relax. All equal in importance and all dependent on each other. They are the cornerstones of a good golf swing.

I put in "Rarely" - because whatever I do, it's just not enough. I haven't practiced chipping in about three weeks. When I go the driving range I'll practice pitching the ball, but it's not worth buying a bucket of range balls and only hitting them 30 feet. I go to my course's practice green for that - but usually I have an early tee time and I am rushing just to barely make it (I can't get up early in the morning to save my life).

Bottom line: Not nearly enough. With chipping on a good day, I can get up and down half, maybe two-thirds the time. On a bad day I'm just happy to be on the green.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I practice during my lunch hour, about 3-4 days a week. I usually dont practice chipping before a round, instead I concentrate on dialing in straight crisp, high iron shots. If I hit all the greens, no need for chipping....

Sumo 5000 10.5 Aldila NV 65-X Driver
PC-III 4-SW irons
Custom Putter
Pro-V1 Balls

If you practice where do you practice, back yard, park, or practise facility?

7 times out of 10 it's just in my back yard, I know it's not too great, but it's a lot better than nothing, but when I go for my lesson or go to the range, I will use a full basket of balls to chip with.
In My Bag:
Driver: Cobra F Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
3 Wood: Cobra F Speed 15°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
Irons: Cobra 2300 I/M 3-PW
Wedge: Cobra M 54°Putter: Yes! SophiaBall: TaylorMade TP Red

Based on my absolute lack of chipping ability today my answer is "obviously nowhere near enough".

If I could get this aspect of the game down, I could easily knock off 10 strokes.

The thread title is the question. Since I've been finding a lot of problems are coming on the short game area of my game, I have been starting to practise chipping every night for an hour, and sometimes when there's nothing else to do in the day I will go out and practise chipping.

It helps, don't it!? I've been practicing at least an hour everyday. My putting is better than its ever been, and my bunker play.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I use to practice pitching every time at the range. But my Driver was horrible and I've spent a lot of time with it so I've neglected my wedges. Even though my drive s is better now(not great), my short game has really suffered and cost me a lot of strokes this weekend. Kind of made me mad since I use to be really good with the short game.

I learned about this a few years ago. I bribed a guy to open a driving range for me at 6:00 am every day for 3 weeks. I practiced my swing for 2 hours a day for 21 days. I did not play a single round.

At the end of 3 weeks, I could play call your shot- want a low fade? No problem. High Draw? High Hook? No problem, a low screaming slice? easy. Want a ball to spin like crazy? ok- want it to land softly and run out? ok.

I then played- hit 14 GIR and all 14 fairways. Score 80! I had no short game left. It was time to hide the razor blades. No round of golf ever made me feel WORSE.

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

I hardly practice it. Maybe once a month. It's probably one of the strengths in my game. I may hit one or two bad ones in a round. I have other more pressing issues in my game. My chipping actually saves my round more times than not.

daniel

I hardly practice it. Maybe once a month. It's probably one of the strengths in my game. I may hit one or two bad ones in a round. I have other more pressing issues in my game. My chipping actually saves my round more times than not.

Maybe that's why you are a 20 handicap?

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

I guess you could say that I practice every night. Sort of? I live on a golf course, every night around 7:00 or 7:30 after dinner we (my wife and 18 month old son) hop on the cart and play a couple holes. Some nights I get a whole nine in and some nights I only get 5 or 6 holes in. It depends on when the wife and baby want to go in. I start out playing one ball, but if i make a bad shot I will throw another one down in the same place. If I feel I need to practice a certain shot I will hit 5 or 10 balls from that area. Now gettting back on topic, some nights I will only chip a couple of times and some nights I will chip 10 times from around every hole on the front.

My Sticks:
DriverFT-5 9.5° Tour Accuflex Creation 65g Stiff -or-
:R7 Superquad Redboard Stiff
Woods::TEE CB2 Accuflex Creation 80g stiff
Irons:755 cb 4-SWWedges: CG10 Black Pearl 52,56,60Putter::Seemore Black FGP 34.25"

Ever since I got my new wedge I've been practicing quite a bit in my yard.

Still probably not as much as I should be.
in the bag:
R580XD 10.5°
Rescue Dual 19°
Titleist 755 4-PW
Vokey Black Nickel 54.10° Vokey Oil Can 60.08° Circa 62 No. 2 Charcoal Mist

I practice chipping and putting almost every day. If I go to the range I easily spend 3-4 times more time chipping and putting than hitting balls.

When I can't get to the range, I chip and putt at home. I have a 10 ft. practice putting green that keeps my stroke consistent. I hit 25-50 putts almost every day, sometimes more when I have time. I also hit "baby chips" onto the same little practice putting green. I usually hit chips until I make 10 in a row.

My short game has really come into it's own this year. I've also been driving the ball well and hitting my mid-irons well too. About the only part of my game that's hurting me now is my long irons/hybrids from about 160-200 yds. If I can get out to play more I'm sure that part of my game will come around and I'll start scoring really well again.

What's in my bag (most of the time)

Exotics 12°, Aldila VS Proto 65S
Exotics CB1 4W, 16.5°, Fujikura Stiff
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23°, 26º Hybrids, Proforce V2 Stiff Acer XP905 Pro 6-PW, Dynalite Gold S300Inazone CNC Spin Satin GW 50°/8°, SW 54°/14°, LW 58°/4°Boccieri...

I'll practice pitching around the back yard about once a week or so. Usually I'll just pick a tree and try to land the ball near the base of the trunk. I really should start using the chipping area at the local range more often, which is to say, at all.

Brad Eisenhauer

In my bag:
Driver: Callaway Hyper X 10° | Fairway Wood: GigaGolf PowerMax GX920 3W (15°) | Hybrid: GigaGolf PowerMax GX920 3 (20°)
Irons: Mizuno MX-25 4-PW | Wedges: GigaGolf Tradition SGS Black 52°, 56°, 60° | Putter: GigaGolf CenterCut Classic SP3

Ball: Titleist ProV1x or Bridgestone B330S

Maybe that's why you are a 20 handicap?

I mentioned that there are more pressing issues in my game. For instance, slicing my driver. If I can keep my drives in the fairway, I can substantially lower my handicap. My chipping is one of my strengths and I'd rather concentrate more on other facets of my game.

Note: This thread is 6129 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!