IGNORED

iOS 7

iacas
Note: This thread is 3809 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Worked for me.

Updated to OS X 10.9 too, which seems nice.

Interested in hearing about Maverick experiences. Tempted, but will probably wait till .1 release.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Mavericks is a 10.9 release so the next .1 release is 11.0. :)

It's been great so far. My email attachments icon is oddly large, I thinks something is goofy there… but otherwise, it's been great. I'm looking forward to iCloud Keychain. Maps on the desktop is cool. Etc.

BTW, the new updates (also free) to iMovie, iPhoto, and the iWork trio of apps are nice.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Mavericks is a 10.9 release so the next .1 release is 11.0. :)

It's been great so far. My email attachments icon is oddly large, I thinks something is goofy there… but otherwise, it's been great. I'm looking forward to iCloud Keychain. Maps on the desktop is cool. Etc.

BTW, the new updates (also free) to iMovie, iPhoto, and the iWork trio of apps are nice.

Doh. Put that in the bad math thread :-)

Don't you use 1Password or a password manager?

Have you seen this: http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2013/10/why-does-windows-have-terrible-battery-life.html

It's still a mystery to me exactly why Macbooks have better battery life - yeah, optimization w/hardware, writing OS with battery in mind, but I want a definitive answer.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
Don't you use 1Password for a password manager?

I added a letter so I could say "yes" and have it make sense. If I'd left it an or question I could have said "yes" and you'd not have known what I used. :D

Have you seen this: http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2013/10/why-does-windows-have-terrible-battery-life.html

It's still a mystery to me exactly why Macbooks have better battery life - yeah, optimization w/hardware, writing OS with battery in mind, but I want a definitive answer.

That is the definitive answer. They care and they optimize hardware and software. Look at what Apple's done recently about coalescing updates to stop having to turn things on and off (processors, wifi or networking chips, etc.) that suck battery life. The simple truth is that they've cared about that stuff for a long time now, and since it's somewhat cumulative, the gap keeps growing.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I like the look of the iWork apps so far. Not so sure if I'm going to like the new toolbar. It also seems that in Safari they've switched "Open in New Tab" and "Open in New Window" in the secondary click menu. I keep opening everything in new windows now about of habit (since the tab one used to be second, now the window option is), so that's going to take some time.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator

I like the look of the iWork apps so far. Not so sure if I'm going to like the new toolbar.

Yes, I agree. It'll take some getting used to. But screens are WIDER than they are TALL, so in general I'm okay with moving more stuff to the SIDES and leaving more room for the top.

It's kind of odd how screens have evolved this way. They're going in the opposite direction of most documents - more in the direction of film. They've long since gone beyond 4x3, which is a fairly common photo size.

It also seems that in Safari they've switched "Open in New Tab" and "Open in New Window" in the secondary click menu. I keep opening everything in new windows now about of habit (since the tab one used to be second, now the window option is), so that's going to take some time.

Oh, I've had the Safari 6.1 betas for awhile now. I think I remember doing that for a day or two as well. Especially before I'd installed it on my second computer (the betas).

It also seems that in Safari they've switched "Open in New Tab" and "Open in New Window" in the secondary click menu. I keep opening everything in new windows now about of habit (since the tab one used to be second, now the window option is), so that's going to take some time.

YES!

That's how it is in Google Chrome and Firefox.

Steve

YES!

That's how it is in Google Chrome and Firefox.

They also changed the way closing tabs works. They now stay in place when you delete one so that you can keep the cursor in the same place and delete a bunch at a time. Firefox and Chrome are like that. But I like it kept the fact that tabs take up the whole bar, even if you only have a few open. Firefox and Chrome have maximum widths, which I don't particularly like.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 3809 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!