IGNORED

iOS 7

iacas
Note: This thread is 3809 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

I'll comment here once I can actually download the damn thing.

I've heard that Apple is quite literally spending thousands of dollars per second right now on just bandwidth.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I've heard getting it has been an issue.  Especially since you are pretty much having to upgrade iTunes and all that as well.

I don't understand, cannot that not do this in steps or do they just like the chaos it creates?

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

I updated iTunes at almost exactly 1 EST, but plugging in my iPhone and looking for the iOS update kept telling me that I was up to date. At about 1:15 I gave in and deleted a bunch of stuff from my phone so I could just download it directly there. Until about 1:30 that yielded an error. I'd agree to the terms, and then it would tell me it wasn't happening. It finally started downloading but very slow (which I was fully expecting) even though I was on a blazing fast connection. One time it got down to 5 minutes remaining and it gave me the error gain. The second try it took about a half hour, but it did finally download by 2:30. Ten minutes later it had finished preparing the update, and it started installing. Installation took about 10 minutes as well. So I've had it for like an hour. I like it so far. Graphics (fly in, fly out, unlock) are way slower than I'd prefer though. I've also had a weird bug where when I unlock the device, songs I'm playing stutter and sometimes rewind a minute. I also don't like the little "E" thing next to all of my explicit songs. Multi-tasking is a lot better than I thought it would be. Don't really like how folders are only 9 apps on a screen at a time, so I'm going to have to reconfigure some stuff. I liked being able to delete my stupid flashlight app.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

My upgrade went pretty flawlessly.  Started on it when I got back from the driving range, and while it did take a little longer that previous upgrades (having to do iTunes/etc) I didn't encounter anything "strange".

That being said, maybe it's because I've only had my iPhone a little over a year and a half, so most likely I still remember what a pain in the a$$ it was every time my Blackberry had an update.  That was generally a cluser-___.  Hopefully updating my wife's iPhone and the iPad will go smooth as well.

WHAT'S IN MY BAG

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ 9.5 degree; 3-Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 15 degree; Hybrids: TaylorMade RBZ 19 degree; Irons: Titleist AP1; Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54/60; Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback; Ball: Callaway Hex Chrome+  Grips:  PURE Pro

• Administrator
Graphics (fly in, fly out, unlock) are way slower than I'd prefer though.

Multi-tasking is a lot better than I thought it would be.

Don't really like how folders are only 9 apps on a screen at a time, so I'm going to have to reconfigure some stuff.

I liked being able to delete my stupid flashlight app.

I left the things I agree with. The 9 items thing I tweeted about (though I incorrectly said 12 - the limit used to be 16 on an iPhone 5). The 9 limit is awfully constricting. I'm going to delete some things.

One thing to add - the parallax effect with the wallpaper and the icons is barely noticeable. I want it to move about 3x more than it does. Kind of disappointed in how little effect that has.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Something I found that I really like: if you keep scrolling down through the open pages in Safari, you get to your open iCloud Tabs. I always found it kind of annoying to go through bookmarks, so it's nice that they fit it in somewhere else.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I cracked the screen of my iPhone 4S a few months ago. I've been eligible for a new phone with my wireless provider since August, but since a new iPhone was imminent, I've been waiting until now to replace mine. Simply put, should I get a 5S or 5C?

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

• Administrator

I cracked the screen of my iPhone 4S a few months ago. I've been eligible for a new phone with my wireless provider since August, but since a new iPhone was imminent, I've been waiting until now to replace mine.

Simply put, should I get a 5S or 5C?

I think the 5C is more targeted at kids and "fun" people. The 5S is more future-proof. Apps will take advantage of the M7 chip and more.

Jamo, How much free space did you need to update? For iOS 6 I think it was about 3GB.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Upgraded to 7. Looks very 'Google' and 'Android' GUI like. I like it in that fashion. Not really digging the way they handle some of the basic gestures. But I'm sure I'll adjust and before long it will be second nature. Oh, and the keyboard always has capital letters. Not sure I'm digging that. Forces me to look and see if I have hit the caps lock.

Jamo, How much free space did you need to update? For iOS 6 I think it was about 3GB.

Yup, 3.1. I deleted all of the videos I had in my phone and then loaded them back on afterwards.

In my bag:

I don't get the folder complaints. They're now nested folders, so you just swipe inside the folder to get to the next "page" of apps, allowing an effectively unlimited amount* in any given folder rather then the previous cap of 16. So instead of "Golf", "More Golf" and "Even More Golf" on my home screen, I now just have "All Golf". Definitely an upgrade, to me?

* Though, obviously you wouldn't want to swipe 20 times. The rabbit hole can go too deep ...

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

• Administrator
* Though, obviously you wouldn't want to swipe 20 times. The rabbit hole can go too deep ...

That's the complaint.

I had ONE screen, and to get to anything, I had to tap at most twice: once to get into a folder, and once to click one of the up to 16 items I could see.

Plus, I KNEW where everything was, and now that's all changed. So now I can not only rely on where things were (I'll get used to that, eventually), but I can't even SEE everything without swiping.

Does anyone know why I would be getting random texts about homecoming from my sister? :-) (I don't give s#$t!)  Or why when I text someone I work with, it would also go to my wife.  What with the update would cause this?

Edit: I also have not done the update yet.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Does anyone know why I would be getting random texts about homecoming from my sister?  (I don't give s#$t!)  Or why when I text someone I work with, it would also go to my wife.  What with the update would cause this?

Edit: I also have not done the update yet.

If you are all on same account (iTunes Account) the numbers will appear in Settings ->Messages, you need to make sure that each phone is set to only send to the appropriate number.  This is a bigger problem with iMessage turned on.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 3809 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!