IGNORED

"One, ha ha ha!"

vct33
Note: This thread is 3832 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I tend to agree with the OP, that it is a tired old joke that some people still think is funny.  It doesn't bother me much when people do it though-I just smile and shake my head.

Best answer of the thread.  Thanks

I don't know anyone that finds it truly funny.  But it is an old stand by and, frankly, part of the culture and such a common thread everywhere.  The 'traditionalists' should revel in it, perhaps just smile and shake their heads at the old standby, but it seems some 'traditionalists' are also just cranky little girls that are easily rubbed the wrong way.

It's pretty much just a testament to how touchy some types of golfers are.

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I actually prefer either 1) "you needed more club" or 2) "at least you hit it straight".  But that's just me.

And, I laughed the first time I heard, "That shot makes for a long hole, doesn't it?"

Mark in Colorado

And, I laughed the first time I heard, "That shot makes for a long hole, doesn't it?"

It's also fun to yell, "FORE" as loud as you can.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

It's also fun to yell, "FORE" as loud as you can.

well, crap, it landed within a couple yards of a couple people in the foursome

Bill - 

I actually prefer either 1) "you needed more club" or 2) "at least you hit it straight".  But that's just me.

See.  There you go.  Bring some new material to the table and it's all good.  To me the "one" joke is right up there with "thats what she said" as the most annoying, played out jokes.

Me:  Get in the HOLE!

Some Jackass:  That's what she said.

UGGHHH

My equipment:

Driver - Callaway FT3 Fusion (9 degree)
3 Wood - Orlimar Tri-Metal (9 degree)
Hybrids - Bobby Jones (17, 21 & 25 degree)

Irons - KZG XCB 5 - PW

Wedges - Warrior (52 & 56 degree)

Putter - STX Envision

Ball of choice - Callaway TOUR i(s)

I enjoy waiting for that perfect moment when someone is hitting a blind shot so they say "watch this for me to see where it lands"..then they hit it so fat it only goes about 10 yards....."I see it!...good layup!"

Then Karma smacks me and I do the same dang thing!

when someone knocks a ball off the tee I sometimes can't stop myself from saying "stroke" like a rowing captain.

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

The correct response to making this error, ideally before someone shouts 'one!', is to whistle and say 'tough course, this.' That'll grate on your buddies just as much if you do it several times a round too.

Note: This thread is 3832 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!