IGNORED

My Swing (Smilesy)

Smilesy
Note: This thread is 3200 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

With those goals in mind what do you all think I should be working on first?

I'd suggest taking a look at this post again. Turn the feet out, turn your hips, right hips goes up and around. Will help that left shoulder go down and in which will keep the head steady. When the head moves around as much as yours does, it's going to effect your contact (looks like you may have heeled that drive) and path.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/70237/my-swing-smilesy#post_915859

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I had a go at the things you mentioned above. It is very interesting how little (almost zero) change there is compared to how big a change in feel there is. I felt like my head didn't move at all, but it still moves a lot.

I was also trying to reduce the amount my arms and hands move up at the end of the back swing, which did seem to change a bit. I was hitting nice little draws which I was happy about.

My target was the middle yellow distance sign (it's hard to see in the video) and this shot started to the right of it by about 10m and ended up pretty much dead down the target.

I had a go at the things you mentioned above. It is very interesting how little (almost zero) change there is compared to how big a change in feel there is. I felt like my head didn't move at all, but it still moves a lot.

I was also trying to reduce the amount my arms and hands move up at the end of the back swing, which did seem to change a bit. I was hitting nice little draws which I was happy about.

The head does look better but change takes time. Feel ain't real, you have to feel it a foot in order to change it an inch.

Some good threads to check out on practice, changing the picture.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks mvmac, I'll have a look at those topics. It really is weird the difference between reality and feel, and until I saw it on video I didn't really understand that

Note: This thread is 3200 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!