IGNORED

One hop and stop pitches

Note: This thread is 3851 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hardballs what club do you use and do you open the face at all?

I use my 56 or 62 depending on lie/ position, i don't often need to open the face of these clubs, unless I'm aiming uphill, I was always led to believe play the ball back in stance, hit down on ball, which will produce more back spin, making it stop dead.. ish, which is probably right but you need exceptional technique for this, which I didn't and still don't have, I found that exactly the opposite of this method also works, but you don't get as much back spin, instead i get a high and soft landing kind of flop shot! Interested to hear if anyone else does this or if I just got some freaky swing mechanics??

Gaz Lee

Note: This thread is 3851 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!