IGNORED

Flapping plastic bag

joekelly
Note: This thread is 3848 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I hit the ball into the rough which was shrubby trees and thin grass. My ball was next to a small tree. In the tree and hooked onto a branch was a white plastic bag which sort of flapped in my face when i took my stance. The caddy quickly removed it. I treated the bag as a movable obstruction and all was OK. Area was not marked as a hazard.

But what if what was stuck in the tree was a dead and withered branch which also annoyed or troubled me? Could i remove that without penalty?

But what if what was stuck in the tree was a dead and withered branch which also annoyed or troubled me? Could i remove that without penalty?

Not if the branch was still attached to the tree.

I hit the ball into the rough which was shrubby trees and thin grass. My ball was next to a small tree. In the tree and hooked onto a branch was a white plastic bag which sort of flapped in my face when i took my stance. The caddy quickly removed it. I treated the bag as a movable obstruction and all was OK. Area was not marked as a hazard.

Just for clarification, you are allowed to remove movable obstructions anywhere on the course, including hazards.  You can also move MO's that are OB. The only exception is if the ball is in motion.

Regards,

John

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just for clarification, you are allowed to remove movable obstructions anywhere on the course, including hazards.  You can also move MO's that are OB. The only exception is if the ball is in motion.

And in such a case the only MO one may move is the flagstick.

And in such a case the only MO one may move is the flagstick.

Yes, as long as the flagstick has been attended, removed, all held up.  Also, the equipment of any player may be moved while a ball is in motion.  These are the two exceptions allowing the moving of a MO when a ball is in motion.

Thanks Ignorant, should have mentioned that.

Regards,

John

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3848 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!