IGNORED

shafts for persimmon

Note: This thread is 3608 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

I was sad hitting this for the first tim; it's too nice.

I know what you mean - that looks gorgeous. I miss that about old persimmon clubs. Many were works of art, and because of the grain, unique to each person.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Those look great-are they Louisvilles?

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yes it is. It was cheaper to get the head than the shaft ironically. As far distance and accuracy, it goes farther on the screws but less on heel and toe hits. The gear effect is strong so a 340 drive becomes a 240 which is a big drop but it's in the fairway. The 48" metal stick I use will go 300 no matter what, whether it's straight or 4 fairways over. Plus my favorite part, the crack. It's like an old v8 with a cam. I'm much more motivated. To each their own but Louisville made a great club.

Something about anything apart from steel that looks odd paired with persimmon. I did have a graphite shaft in my Joe Powell a few years ago, but I still think steel is the ultimate shaft for persimmon. Of course, the Dynamic Gold shaft is a much different beast in woods and plays quite soft IMO - still the best shaft for a number of die-hard wood fans.

I'd love a steel shaft in persimmon if I had one stiff enough or long enough. Springs are made of steel right? However, I could find one stiffer than an x and 44" long

Note: This thread is 3608 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!