IGNORED

What is your average Driver yardage?

itzzzberny
Note: This thread is 4736 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. How far can you go w/ the Driver on average?

• 75 - 150 yards
    • 151 - 200 yards
    • 201 - 260 yards
    • 261 - 285 yards
    • 286 - 320 yards
    • 321 - or more

Please try to keep it honest.

I've been anywhere between 290-330 for the last 6 years. Depends on my swing style that I happen to be using at the time. When I'm swinging a little flatter, with alot of upper-body torque, I tend to hit the ball the furthest, but I hit it less accurately.

Right now, I'm averaging about 300 carry, and I don't have a driver that fits me. (Using a Titleist 905S with a UST V2 Stiff shaft.. the head isn't for my kind of swing, and the shaft SUCKS for my swing)

Driver: SUMO 5000 8.5* w/ Aldila Proto-65 X 45.5"
3-wood: SQ w/ Diamana 83 X +1"
Hybrid: SuMo 2h w/ Project X +1"
Irons: MP-33 1-PW w/ TT X100 Sensicore +1"
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 54 + 60 +1"Putter: Red X 34"Me: 6'3" 220lbs. - 0-4 Handicap, depending on how much I work ;); NJCAA All-American,...

Please try to keep it honest.

Yeah, right... looks like we've got Bubba Watson as a member.

These polls are always a joke - if you had had a "400+" option, there would've been 5 guys in there...

Cleveland Launcher Comp, 9.5* stiff
TaylorMade V-Steel, T/S stiff
Cleveland Halo, 19* stiff
Mizuno MP-32, stiff
Cleveland 588 Gunmetal, 51*Cleveland 588 DSG RTG, 56*Scotty Cameron Newport II

260 on average, my personal best was 287 from an elevated tee box with no wind and normal amount of roll

In my Bag-Boy NXO Revolver cart bag:
Driver: 909D2 9.5, UST Proforce V2 x-stiff
Wood: Burner '09 3-Wood
Hybrid: H585 3-Hybrid, stiff steel shaft
3-PW: : MP-57 4-PW, Rifle Project X 6.0Wedge: Solus 51, 56, 61Putter: White Hot XG Teron 34"Ball: ProV1x "Practice"

Saw one guy was hitting 3 or 5 wood on the range today.
He was practicing with one of his club lying to guide his swing path.
Several slow back and forth , then bam. Wow, the ball was rising over the 250 marker.
With the roll, that should be easily over 300 yard.
I was amazed. Never seen anyone hit the fw so far in person.
I suspect the guy might be a player for ASU.

A few months ago I saw a guy at a driving range, who was using the Moe Norman Natural swing method, and he was hitting his driver at least 320. I was so amazed because I've seen the Moe Norman video, and I couldn't believe someone had actually used it so successfully. I mean, I hit my driver at least 270, and I couldn't even get my drives within many yards of this guy. He was just putting me to shame. You don't really get to see guys like this too often.

Realisticly, for me between 270-280 on average. I do get 1 or 2 300+ yard drives per round.

This leads to a funny story:

The driving range at my home course has a stake at 300 yds and I can many times get it to bounce/roll past and hit the building behind. Right beside the building the greenskeeper would park his new Mustang convertable. I told the Course Manager that I thought that he should move it... telling him that I know I cannot carry the ball that far but I could bounce/roll it and possibly hit the guys car.

I think they thought I was full of crap(ie I could NEVER hit it that far, who did I think I was JD/TW/BW etc etc etc).

Two weeks later I'm playing the course General Manager in our weekly golf league. On the par 5 6th from an elevated Teebox I hit it 361 yds(my longest drive ever) It had to have carryed at least 310!

The next week I get some range balls to warm up before league, and the greenskeeper sees me, gets in his utlity cart and moves his car when I get to the range Teebox...

X-460 9.5* tour Driver/Fujikura stiff
X-15* tour 3 wood/Fujikura stiff
3DX 18.5* Hybrid/Aldila stiff
681 3-PW/Project X 6.0 (now in bag)
X-16 Pro Series Irons/Dynamic Gold S300 54* and 58* wedges Anser Sn putter

Average? Do I have to count duffs, skulls, tops and hosel hits?

On the course I think that I'm ending up consistently 250ish but on the range, I rarely see that -- 205 carry 225 Net. I guess I can't read distances well from course markings.

My Bag:

Driver: Srixon ZR-W 9.5* Graffaloy Epic 68(R)
Fairway: Wishon 949MC 16.5*
Hybrid(s): Cobra Baffler DWS 20*Irons: 6-PW Mizuno MP-52. 5i Mizuno MX-23Wedges: Cleveland CG12 DSG 56/10Putter: Rife 2-Bar Hybrid

Go to a golf store that can do driver fitting according to your specs . Be ready to spend as there isnt a short cut to having a club taylormade accoring to your specs . After that take a lesson or two on how to master the club you just bought . That would give you a view on where to put your ball and how far you can hit without spraining your spine and having someone to drive you home .

Lately I've been perfecting a fade off the tee. When I do this, it pretty much eliminates the left side, and my driving accuracy is at least 75%, a lot higher than it was before. Although I'm losing a few yards off the tee, I can still get it out there at least 265 every time. However, though, when I come accross a hole that's over 430, I may try a draw or the typical grip it and rip it straight shot to get it as close to the 150 marker as I can.

250 to 260. All carry. The courses I play on are so wet that we don't get much roll. (in Asia in the rainy season)

Author of "Striking It Rich: Golf in the Kingdom with Generals, Patients and Pros"
www.reidsheftall.com

Anywhere between 160-180 left-handed...

I'll do a dance when I break 160 right-handed

Clubs in my Army-issued duffel-bag...

DTR Irons : 2-9
DCI Wedges : PW 48* & SW 56*
Driver : Mid-Size TP System2 9.5* Metalwood (5) 23*

Who voted for 321 and over.... Not even the longest drivers on the tour average this (or are you playing on ice)
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

• 3 weeks later...
i went for 261-285.

i don't actually know how far i hit it - i'd say 265 average (you have to include the ones into the wind.....) i've hit it 350+ a few times but also in gales where it goes hmmmmm 210? haha.

i play with a scratch golfer in college - when i catch a drive it can go 285 - this guy is regularly 50-60 yards past me (same conditions like) scary stuff...

also play with a scratch golfer who hits it 230 on average. same handicap. hot short game. it can be an advantage to hit it far but it's not everything...

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

200-225 fairly on target, but thats just recently I started hitting like that. Previously I was about 250 and STRONG slice or pull, lol. This spring I'm hoping to keep it in play and not focus so much on trying to smash it, oh and bring my HI down to a 10......Gotta have a goal!

In my BX56:

Driver: 200 Steel 8.5
3 Wood: 200 Steel
Irons: SS Oversized 3-PWWedges: 588rtg 60* Putter: TPi-26Ball: <-----Pro V1x----->

I average about 250. When I catch it 280. The funny thing about that though is that in the 25 years I've been playing golf I've only met one guy that I would consider to be able to hit it further than me. So I think that most people (apparently in this forum) have no idea what they really hit it. Most people I play with are between 20 and 50 yards behind me. I play at sea level and the course is not a hard fast course if that helps anyones ego.

Driver - Taylormade R9
3 Wood - Titlelist 909F2 15.5 degrees

2H - Nickent

4H - Taylormade
Irons - Mizuno MP-63 5-PW
Wedges - Titlelist 52 and 60 and Cleveland CG-15 56
Putter - Scotty Cameron Stainless Steel NewportBall - Pro V or V1

Note: This thread is 4736 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!