IGNORED

Pace Problem

Cartboy
Note: This thread is 1617 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

As the OP of this thread, and since we have pretty much beat Pace of Play to death, having concluded that what we are doing is not as bad as what I thought it was, or some of the things being suggested, I authorize the off-topic, peeing sidebar.

🥴

We have restrooms (terlets) at 4, 9 and 12, but that does not deter those who want to whip it out wherever and whenever from doing so,  Normally, one of the restrooms (terlets) is in sight.

😎

On 11/19/2019 at 7:40 AM, Cartboy said:

One of the changes in the rule book before the last series of changes was something to the effect that "faster players have priority", regardless of the number.  I did not find that when I was looking at the rules for my previous post, but I recall that that was a change that did not generally catch on. 

The actual wording was:

Priority on the Course

Unless otherwise determined by the Committee, priority on the course is determined by a group's pace of play.  Any group playing a whole round is entitled to pass a group playing a shorter round.  (In 2008, the following sentence was added) The term 'group' includes a single player.

&

It is a group's responsibility to keep up with the group in front.  If it loses a clear hole and is delaying the group behind, it should invite the group behind to play through, irrespective of the number of players in that group.

Edited by Cartboy

On 11/21/2019 at 6:32 AM, Cartboy said:

As the OP of this thread, and since we have pretty much beat Pace of Play to death, having concluded that what we are doing is not as bad as what I thought it was, or some of the things being suggested, I authorize the off-topic, peeing sidebar.

🥴

We have restrooms (terlets) at 4, 9 and 12, but that does not deter those who want to whip it out wherever and whenever from doing so,  Normally, one of the restrooms (terlets) is in sight.

😎

If one is imbibing one must sometimes whip it out at inopportune moments... hopefully using all the discretion afforded them.

Note: This thread is 1617 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!