IGNORED

Do you feel the urge to only use 1 company's golf equipment?

GITrDONE
Note: This thread is 6093 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I started out trying to find no-nonsense fair reviews of clubs and pick and choose what goes into my bag

But lately I have the urge to just buy just 1 brand of thing and not, for example, have a golf bag that is one brand but clubs of different brands

Discuss!

Yeah, I do, as you can see in my signature... I am trying to change that though, and buy diffrent stuff in the future. Like Callaway wedges and Titleist irons or something like that.
In my bag:
Driver: : D2 8.5°
fairway wood: 906 15°
Hybrid: 585H 19°
Irons: 4-PW 695MBWedges: 52° 56° & 60° CG12Putter: Bettinardi C-Series (Carbon Steel)Ball: Pro V1x

Yeah, I do, as you can see in my signature... I am trying to change that though, and buy diffrent stuff in the future. Like Callaway wedges and Titleist irons or something like that.

What brand is your bag?

What brand is your bag?

Mizuno.

In my bag:
Irons: 4-PW 695MBWedges: 52° 56° & 60° CG12Putter: Bettinardi C-Series (Carbon Steel)Ball: Pro V1x

What brand is your bag?

I might be wrong... but judging by his sig i would say Wilson?

Ping Si3 8* Stiff
Titleist 906 F2 15* Steel Stiff
Titleist 906 F2 18* Steel Stiff
Taylormade RAC LT Rifle 6.0
Callaway X Tour 54, 60Yes! Tracy

It doesn't appear so now, but I am currently saving up for a lot of TaylorMade things.
What's in my Mizuno Aerolite Stand bag:

r7 460 10.5*, stock Stiff Flex Shaft
CLK Fli-Hi 17* hybrid, Prolaunch Blue Stiff shaft
Slingshot Tour 21*, DGS300 shaft Baffler DWS Hybrid 26*, Aldila NVS-HL shaft MP-60 5-PW DG S300 shafts Tour Action 900 54*/12* WedgeVokey Spin Milled 58*/08* Wedge...

No, not at all. I use what suits me the best.
One person in my family, is pretty much stuck to one brand; Callaway. He has a Callaway driver, and he hits it so poorly that he rather should`ve started using the 5 iron instead. I`ve forced him tu buying a TM Burner, as it suits his style much more, and hopefully we`ll see some progression. I`ve had much luck as a consultant before, and I`ll do my best this time around too.

I have made one hole in one this far. While you are reading this, I am most likely out on the tee trying to sink another one

Not at all. I pick whatever gives me the most confidence standing over the ball at address. It's also why if I ever turned pro (for some extremely unlikely reason) I would never get any sponsorships unless they allowed me to use whatever clubs I pleased.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Isn't it just as stupid to buy clubs so you don't have a bag with one brand as it is to buy clubs so you do have a bag with one brand?

I used to be torn on this. I wanted ALL my stuff to match. But now, I'm finding some great used deals on clubs. Right now I have a nice variety at the moment...
I'm only at 13 clubs in the bag, what do you reccomend as a 14th? My foot wedge?

In the bag:
Driver - HiBore XL 10.5* Reg. Flex Fit- on Fuji GoldWoods - Tightlies GT2: 3 wood 15* & 5 wood 19* Surpass 7 wood 24*Irons - Eye 2 4-PW & a cheesey 1 iron blade I use for punch...

yes... i definitely feel the urge to get a full taylormade bag

so far.since I can't seem to have a signature:
-tm r5 dual (neutral) 10.5, R flex
-ping i3 3 and 5 woods.... (i can't hit these for crap so i'm replacing them. actually going to the golf store on tuesday.. i'm considering the burner tp and r7 steel.... but i'll probably try the cleveland hibore, callaway x as well)
-tm burner rescue 19 degree
-tm r7 irons
-tm rac black tp 56 degree
-odyssey white steel blade (idk the number)
a mix of balls.. usually callaway hx hots or nxts or something

thing is.... i just recently got new irons and the new hybrid and i tried everything... those ones just felt best. i liked the r7 irons better than the callaway x-20's and cleveland cg golds.. as well as liking the burner rescue over the cleveland hibore rescue

but now, since most everything in my bag is taylor made... i'm 95% sure i'll walk out with a taylormade 3 wood when i go to purchase one in the next couple of days. it's just a urge. i would have to hit another wood significantly better than either of those taylormades to consider it

i feel like going out to get a taylormade putter ( i actually like these as well as the yes! putters) and playing tp blacks now

XTD Pro - 9.5* - GD YSQ
GS Tour - 15* -GD Red Ice
Rescue TP - 17* - Fujikura TP
Idea Pro Gold - 20* - Mitsubishi JavlnFX
MP-30, 4-PW - Standard Lofts / 2* flat - TT DG RAC Z TP (54*/10*) X-Forged (60*/10*)Scotty Cameron TeI3 - 35"

I am new to golf and I guess I am stupid. I have all of my equipment from TaylorMade and myballs are all Titleist.

i have a mixed bag, but would like to have all cobra woods. I have the f speed driver and sz wood, but would like to replace the redline(can't hit it for crap) with an f speed wood. I also like cobra irons.

What's In My Bag

Driver R9 Supertri 9.5
3 WoodR9
3 Hybrid: Baffler DWSIrons X-20 Tour 4-PWGap Wedge RAC TP SmokeSand Wedge Vokey 56.14Lob Wedge Vokey SM 60.7Putter:SeeMore FGP Black

My bag happened to end up mostly Callaway, but that was not my intent. I tried all sorts of irons, and found that I really liked to hit the BBs. I hit darn near every driver made, and was most comfortable with the BB460. When I looked at hybrids, the X hybrid was pretty much even up with the Bobby Jones and the Fusion hybrid. Found a good deal on the X, so that made my bag. My putter and lob wedge aren't Callaways. I will admit to buying a Callaway glove and towel because of the brand of most of my clubs, but that was after the fact!

Isn't it just as stupid to buy clubs so you don't have a bag with one brand as it is to buy clubs so you do have a bag with one brand?

Good point.

But what I'm trying to do really is to have the stuff that I think is the best.
In my bag:

I tried to find some Ogio clubs, but I couldnt find any.

So I just decided to get an assortment. :)

To me it kinda limits you if you only want one brand.

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

Note: This thread is 6093 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!