IGNORED

The Overall Golf World Reflected Through the Ban on Anchored Strokes

Nked95
Note: This thread is 3787 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The use of the word "forearm" is what intrigues me. Presumably hand/wrist/forearm anchoring's a no go but what happens with elbows or upper arms being against the body; is that also an "anchor" and at what point does it cease being one as eventually your arms 'must' be in contact.

(just curious by the way; have never and will never use one)

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

The use of the word "forearm" is what intrigues me. Presumably hand/wrist/forearm anchoring's a no go but what happens with elbows or upper arms being against the body; is that also an "anchor" and at what point does it cease being one as eventually your arms 'must' be in contact.

I think the purpose of the rule is to minimize use of a stable/solid anchor point so club movement isn't so pendulum like.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

I think it's all described pretty well and the picture that's been posted several times should clear things up.

The club and/or anything below the elbow can touch anything else below the elbow, but neither the club nor anything below your elbow can touch anything above your elbow (not just the upper arm - including your "body," chest, stomach, chin, etc.).

That's the first time I've written it like that, but I think it works. Apologies if I missed out on a case that requires tweaking that language or the language can be made clearer.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Equpiment changes constantly in golf and  is simply because the need of change to make the game more interesting in my opinion. At the end of the day player's play and no one has an advantage over one another. It comes down to who wants it more and doesn't choke under pressure. When you are older maybe you could have the advantage to not end their careers shorly. 55+ simpliy because when getting that old you will start to have back aches. Interesting post

Note: This thread is 3787 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!