IGNORED

My Swing (Lihu)

Lihu
Note: This thread is 1555 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Do you mean if you swing naturally or if you are actively trying to make the swing look a certain way?

I mean stop saying (and thinking) it's like this: " I should probably go back to that swing".

It's just the one swing. You don't have multiple swings (I'm not talking about a punch shot swing, a flop shot swing, etc.). Your swing is your swing. It might change over time, but you don't have different swings that you get to switch between.

Building one good swing is hard enough.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

Do you mean if you swing naturally or if you are actively trying to make the swing look a certain way?

I mean stop saying (and thinking) it's like this: "I should probably go back to that swing".

It's just the one swing. You don't have multiple swings (I'm not talking about a punch shot swing, a flop shot swing, etc.). Your swing is your swing. It might change over time, but you don't have different swings that you get to switch between.

Building one good swing is hard enough.

Thanks for the explanation, and I don't think this can be said enough times. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

My 5 minutes today.

Back from Travel a little early. Going again next month.

EDIT: At least one of the many potential flaws is I didn't keep my hands deep enough on the takeaway. That's for tomorrow, then. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

This would be a nice swing to emulate!

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Stick with what you are doing. From personal experience, "shopping around" too much can really hurt you. There are no magical insights to suddenly transform your swing and game. Progression is bit by bit by bit, but only if you keep working on the same things .

PS: Respect for the state of your hitting mat. Shows dedication!

• Upvote 1

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Stick with what you are doing. From personal experience, "shopping around" too much can really hurt you. There are no magical insights to suddenly transform your swing and game. Progression is bit by bit by bit, but only if you keep working on the same things.

PS: Respect for the state of your hitting mat. Shows dedication!

Yeah, this is good advice, and was not actually planning on trying that swing. I was just looking at, not shopping.

As for the mat, I'm probably too much of a digger. I took out divots from the mats and finally got it into a state that it's like hitting real grass.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Many of the words and phrases in that video are not even correct. @Lihu what are you working on exactly right now?

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Quote:

Many of the words and phrases in that video are not even correct.

@Lihu what are you working on exactly right now?

Thanks for the interest.

I'm trying to work on this: http://thesandtrap.com/t/71030/my-swing-lihu/468#post_1137185

I think the main issue is that my hands are separating from my body. That is I think I should be keeping my hands closer in to my body.

Last week I noticed during the mirror work in the hotels that my spine angle was leaning too far towards the target. So, I was working on fixing that one thing all last week. Seems to be better, so I made the hands closer to the body my current priority?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

I'm trying to work on this: [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/t/71030/my-swing-lihu/468#post_1137185]http://thesandtrap.com/t/71030/my-swing-lihu/468#post_1137185[/URL]

That is a downswing thing right? So why in the last video did you make super aggressive downswings while rehearsing your backswing?

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Quote:

I'm trying to work on this: http://thesandtrap.com/t/71030/my-swing-lihu/468#post_1137185

That is a downswing thing right? So why in the last video did you make super aggressive downswings while rehearsing your backswing?

Aha, great point. I'll try slowing down my downswing in my "5 minute" workout today. Thanks.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Latest 5 minutes a day in May. Had trouble with a slower downswing, so I needed start working on this. It's hard to do, just as I thought. Probably going to need to do it for a while before working on my priority again.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Latest 5 minute session. Started to feel something I've been missing for a month or two.

Total elapsed time was 30 minutes.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

This was me practicing in China with a swing training fan. I forgot to post this last week.

You can hear Chinese Golf channel running in the background. :-D

Editing my "5 minute workout for today". . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Swing speed control is really hard. My guess is if I can do this effectively, I would probably be a pretty okay player. . .Kind of like a chicken and egg thing. Anyway, here are my attempts at it again.

Going on the course again tomorrow. No major breakthroughs, but the results are starting to show themselves with just a week and a half of 5 minute focused effort. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Hit the course, and hooked (hard draw) a lot of my drives. Didn't figure out how to fix it until hitting 6 more balls. Aim for the dimple 30 degrees toward you from the target line. Seemed to work. My draw shots went about 20 yards further than my higher straighter ones. All shots were draw. Felt good about easily hitting my 6i over the oak tree on 13. Unfortunately, it was off line and landed on the fringe to the left.

Probably still doing something wrong, and it still doesn't feel natural.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Nice looking swing sir, do you work with an instructor at all or do it all yourself??  Do you use the V1 golf program??

:titleist: Woods :titleist: Irons :titleist: Wedges :cleve: Putter

Nice looking swing sir, do you work with an instructor at all or do it all yourself??  Do you use the V1 golf program??

Thanks for the comment, but my swing is still under construction. @mvmac , my son, and many others on this site are helping me!

I have a Swingbyte, and would like to do simultaneous video with that. V1 looks interesting, but there is also Evolvr which looks equally interesting. Probably should do something like that to take the next step up?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Thanks for the comment, but my swing is still under construction. @mvmac, my son, and many others on this site are helping me!

I have a Swingbyte, and would like to do simultaneous video with that. V1 looks interesting, but there is also Evolvr which looks equally interesting. Probably should do something like that to take the next step up?

I only use the V1 free version but I've been told the paid version is worth the money it costs in every way. I just haven't gotten around to buying it yet, but it lets you do all kinds of cool stuff with video. If your a member on GolfWRX as well as here, Member "Reasonability" is there my swing coach and has a mean eye for the golf swing, may be another option for you as well sir if you can get in touch with him.

:titleist: Woods :titleist: Irons :titleist: Wedges :cleve: Putter

Note: This thread is 1555 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!