Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
madolive3

First Eagle.

5 posts in this topic

I have been playing for a year and a half now and I landed my first Eagle. A 316 yard par 4. Cut the corner with my Driver, a wind aided, slightly downhill 307 yard drive to within 10 feet of the cup. Difficult putt, 3 foot break dead left.  It was something special to watch that putt get closer and closer, almost slow motion, then, BAM! drops in the cup. special moment. When I went down to find my ball after the drive, I thought it was lost, couldn't find it until I looked at the green.

I haven't been playing well lately, ball striking issues with my irons but my driver has been my most reliable club for the last two months. I worked my butt off trying to hit that driver straight and it's finally paid off. My yardage is down a little but I can hit fairways now almost 80% of the time if I'm careful.  This is a tough game, at times I wonder why I keep at it but it pulls me in like drug that I can't resist. I think I might need rehab, I feel like a crack head.

Congratulations.  I know how exciting that first eagle can be.  I had my first one back in the 1960's with a driver, 4 wood and long putt on a par 5.  I have had an eagle in every decade since then and a total of 12. My last one came in July of 2012 when I knocked a pitching wedge into the hole from 115 yards. I can't wait until 2020 when I can work on my 7th decade with an eagle.

I have been playing for a year and a half now and I landed my first Eagle. A 316 yard par 4. Cut the corner with my Driver, a wind aided, slightly downhill 307 yard drive to within 10 feet of the cup. Difficult putt, 3 foot break dead left.  It was something special to watch that putt get closer and closer, almost slow motion, then, BAM! drops in the cup. special moment. When I went down to find my ball after the drive, I thought it was lost, couldn't find it until I looked at the green.

I haven't been playing well lately, ball striking issues with my irons but my driver has been my most reliable club for the last two months. I worked my butt off trying to hit that driver straight and it's finally paid off. My yardage is down a little but I can hit fairways now almost 80% of the time if I'm careful.  This is a tough game, at times I wonder why I keep at it but it pulls me in like drug that I can't resist. I think I might need rehab, I feel like a crack head.

Congratulations @madolive3 .  Feels good doesn't it?  Did you save the ball?  I wrote the date, course and hole on mine with the word, 'Eagle'.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Congrats! I got mine on my last round of the season this year, on a par 5. What was shocking was that the first two shots were both slices, yet I salvaged an eagle out of the deal. Then promptly followed with a bunch of doubles and triples :(

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No Dammit. I wish that I had thought to save that ball. I have to figure out some other way to commemorate the event.

Thanks guys..