IGNORED

Anyone know what kind of club this is???

Note: This thread is 3773 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

That, my friend, is a putter. Used principally on the green, aka, the putting surface.
But like all clubs, can be used anywhere on the course.

Most likely it has very little monetary value. It's value on the green is unknown.

• Upvote 2

Wow. I'm glad those aren't popular with those trench diggers on the bottom.

It almost looks like it was developed specifically to putt from the fringe, or even longer grass surrounding the green.....with the wave thingies helping to keep the putter head from catching in the grass.  Alternatively, they could keep the face of the putter higher off the ground, perhaps to promote a higher hit on the ball and topspin roll.

A bit different for sure......

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It almost looks like it was developed specifically to putt from the fringe, or even longer grass surrounding the green.....with the wave thingies helping to keep the putter head from catching in the grass.  Alternatively, they could keep the face of the putter higher off the ground, perhaps to promote a higher hit on the ball and topspin roll.

A bit different for sure......

That's what I figured also. I tried to find some information on it but didn't have any luck with a quick search.

That putter reminded me of a time when I first started playing that I seriously considered doing almost the opposite of that putter. Grinding the bottom of the leading edge round up to just below the equator of the ball so the leading edge would glide instead of grabbing when I hit a putt fat (which I was doing too often at the time). I couldn't think of any good reason it wouldn't work but thankfully my putting stroke improved before I had to resort to that.

Looks similar?

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Yeah my grandpa had that one NICE I could be wrong but the other might be an early proto or something ... There's a good chance that it was deemed non conforming due to the 'rails' extend all the way through the face . Have you taken it out to play? Looks like it might produce a little ring when you hit it :-)...I've been in golf industry for almost 30 years and have never seen it however the one person that might now is Frank Thomas...the frog is loosely similar ... Frankly golf.com good luck

Note: This thread is 3773 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!