IGNORED

Ground under repair.

owens251109
Note: This thread is 3751 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was playing in a tournament last year, It was early april. The course was doing some work on around one othe the greens. it was about a foot to 18inches off the back of the green, wrapped about half way around the green. had about 250 left to the green. ( par 5) . Ok here is what happen, It runs threw that back of the green about 20 feet left of the pin. ( pin is back Right ) into the GUR. the other guys thought the rule was that you go back ( no closer to the hole ) from where the ball entered on the other side of the green. per you can not drop on the green. but the I thought that you place it on the last entry that is a playable lie. not on the green. we determend after talking about it that you go back to the front of the green. no closer to the hole. which is correct? thanks

Driver: R11s - 3wood: RBZ - MIzuno 2 iron - rons: taylormade burner 2.0 4-pw - 63 degree: nike VR Forged - 52 Degree: nike VR Forged - 60 degree: callaway - Putter: odyssey white ice 2 ball I'm going to qualify for the U.S. Open and kick your boyfriend's ass. Whatever you think of me, you should know he hates old people, children, and dogs. Roy McAvoy.

You must first establish the Nearest Point of Relief (NPR). That is place where, if the ball was there, there would be no interference from the GUR for the lie of the ball, your stance and your intended line of swing. It must not be nearer the hole than the original position and must not be on a putting green or in a hazard (bunker or water hazard).

You must then drop the ball within one clublength of the NPR and the ball must strike part of the course which also satisfies the conditions above.

See

http://www.usga.org/Rule-Books/Rules-of-Golf/Rule-25/#25-1

and

http://www.usga.org/Rule-Books/Rules-of-Golf/Rule-20/#20-2

thank you for the help and information.

Driver: R11s - 3wood: RBZ - MIzuno 2 iron - rons: taylormade burner 2.0 4-pw - 63 degree: nike VR Forged - 52 Degree: nike VR Forged - 60 degree: callaway - Putter: odyssey white ice 2 ball I'm going to qualify for the U.S. Open and kick your boyfriend's ass. Whatever you think of me, you should know he hates old people, children, and dogs. Roy McAvoy.

You must first establish the Nearest Point of Relief (NPR). That is place where, if the ball was there, there would be no interference from the GUR for the lie of the ball, your stance and your intended line of swing. It must not be nearer the hole than the original position and must not be on a putting green or in a hazard (bunker or water hazard).  You must then drop the ball within one clublength of the NPR and the ball must strike part of the course which also satisfies the conditions above.

See

[URL=http://www.usga.org/Rule-Books/Rules-of-Golf/Rule-25/#25-1]http://www.usga.org/Rule-Books/Rules-of-Golf/Rule-25/#25-1[/URL]

and

[URL=http://www.usga.org/Rule-Books/Rules-of-Golf/Rule-20/#20-2]http://www.usga.org/Rule-Books/Rules-of-Golf/Rule-20/#20-2[/URL]

Just one clarification of the above (which is also likely in the references), the nearest point of relief is the point [U]nearest to where the ball lies in the GUR[/U] that is not nearer the hole and provides relief for the lie of the ball, stance or area of intended swing.

Note: This thread is 3751 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!