IGNORED

Impact Tape and Its Feedback

Note: This thread is 3751 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

A couple of questions for everyone... First, how often do you use impact tape (or something similar like a dry erase marker) during your practice? How important is this for both high and low handicap golfers? As with most of us, I'm working on a few swing changes and decided to make an effort to use impact tape (I use masking tape), at least partially, during my practices. I don't see many posts on this, but feel it could help me a bunch during winter practice into a net. The second question is more of a personal one... I've noticed that I generally strike the ball more toward the heel of the club (this is if I set up with the ball in the center of the clubface). Does this indicate a definite swing flaw? Is this something not to worry about and I can just adjust my setup so the ball is slightly toward the toe of the sweet spot? One of these days, I may get the guts to post a swing on this site, but, until then, any thoughts are appreciated. It just seems to me that if you align the ball behind the sweet spot, you should be able to return the club head in that same spot.

Not very much, though I should. I tend it use it more for lie angle

Could be a problem with the swing. Though you are a 6.1 handicap. It could be something as just being that close to the ball.

Until you get the guts to post your swing here, a more in detail analysis can't be done.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i was hitting a little off the heel and every so often shanking it. i tried lift my right toes (right handed golfer here) because another member on here posted a video of the drill through 5SK. any who i was kind of falling toe side on my downswing and now that i know that i have had much better impact and no shanks

For Sale: Ping i3+ 2i-UW

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Odyssey Versa Black/White LH Putter

At the range, I almost always look at the club face after a swing and even more during short game practice. Usually there's a mark. If not and I'm for some reason interested in seeing the mark on every shot, I use dry erase or whatever, I always have a dry erase marker/oil pastel in my bag. I want to know whether I hit a fake draw/fade or a true draw/fade. Plus it helps me associate feels with where the ball made contact so I can better feel if heel or toe hits without looking at the face.

For irons, I prefer impact slightly, just a smidgen, towards the heel.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

When I take an extended layoff, I'll sometimes use impact tape, but I can typically tell from the feel where the impact is.

If you're interested, here's an interesting thread about sweetspots on irons and where the pros hit it.

Tyler Martin

Note: This thread is 3751 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!