IGNORED

Bag divider

Note: This thread is 2973 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've got a titleist staff bag that I really love other then the fact that it only has a 5 way divider. I was woundering if by chance there's a way to convert or change it to a 14 way divider?

14 way dividers are evil - that is why I went to a staff bag.

My old bag screwed up the butt end of my putter - clubs were always tangled in others when I pulled them out.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I know places sell plastic tubes you can put into golf bags to "convert" them but from what I can tell they end up twisted all the time. If you want a 14 way divider the best bet is to buy a 14 way divider (I really like them on cart bags but on a stand bag I'd rather have less weight which means something like the 4-way divider I have in my SM Three 5)

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Those tubes are a pain in the ass as well, I think search the web, in fact I saw a golf bag by some European company that looked nice and kept everything separated very neatly. Someone needs to figure out a way to secure the clubs individually but is quick and easy to remove the club or put it away.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Might be the BagBoy Revolver you're thinking of?

http://thesandtrap.com/t/8621/bagboy-revolver-anyone-got-one

If I was a cart/trolley guy I'd think about one for sure.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

So from what I'm understanding is either deal(I've tried the tube things they suck) or buy a new bag? There's no way to change the divider on the top?

Not that I know of.

SWING DNA

Even if the top has 14 dividers, the clubs will still get tangled up unless the dividers are full length. A few bags have full length dividers but most are not.

• 2 years later...

I'm taking the plunge to comment on this topic because I've been frustrated for several years by having my clubs get tangled while taking them out of the bag and returning them to the bag.  Just to let you know, I usually walk and push my push cart which has the bag slanted, not vertical like on a riding cart.  Even though I purchased a Callaway Org 15 bag, I was still having problems with the clubs getting stuck and the plastic tubes (which I had purchased to help with the sticking club problem) sliding out while I was trying to get a club out of the bag.  So, I was trying to figure out a solution to the problem which didn't involve spending a lot of money on another new bag.  After discussing the problem with my lovely bride (married 31 years) I decided to visit the local Ace Hardware store and see what kind of solutions might be available.  Here are a couple that seemed to work for me.  

1.  Attach a large neoprene gasket to the tube and insert it into the bag.  The gasket sticks to the tube and the bag and keeps it from sliding.

2.  Use the kind of tape they use for sealing camper shells to pickups.  Wrap a few wraps of the tape around the tube a few inches below the top and the tube will then stick in the bag and not slide out when removing the club.

Hope this helps my fellow dweebs to cure a frustrating problem.

Mike

This is what I have.  The Bennington Quiet organizer.  Place for 9 irons.  Putter well on the side.  Put you woods in the middle.  I have a place for an extra club or two that I might want to try.Bennington-QO-9-Lite-Cartbag-TOP.jpg

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Note: This thread is 2973 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!