IGNORED

What's happening in Abu Dhabi?

joekelly
Note: This thread is 3742 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

No wonder those guys make the big bucks….

If Phil and Rors are drinking men, they probably snuck a little something afterwards in private...

They should have been drinking before. :beer:

But then Phil was using Rory's shoulder to keep his balance. Good thing they can play golf because I don't see Broadway in their futures.

First day finds 3 guys at -5, 7 at -4, 8 at -3 and finally at -2 we find 16 guys including Luke, Rory and MKaymer. Phil not happy at +1, his day all pars and one bogey. Sergio in the dumps at +4.

The course looking good (on TV) and is a full 7600 yards long and with long grass, or sand, in the rough.

Weather good until Sunday then possible rain. Temps mild each day.

Only watched the highlights today, a strong showing from the Irish players so happy with that.

It'll be interesting to see if McGinley can put another decent round together

Hope Rory gets going, and contends for the win..

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hope Rory gets going, and contends for the win..

He seems to be back on form, striking the ball well.

Phil on the other hand seems to be struggling! 17 pars and 3 bogeys for his first round so far in his second....

He has a birdie putt now to break the duck.

Day 2: leader at -9, Rory at -7. Jimenez at -3, Phil at -1. and Sergio (better today) at par. Missing cut is Stenson and many others.

I never thought of the large appearance fee players like Phil will be getting. I guess i am a fool to think these guys love golf.

Originally Posted by joekelly

I never thought of the large appearance fee players like Phil will be getting. I guess i am a fool to think these guys love golf.

I'm sure they love golf.  They probably simply don't love everything it takes to travel to Abu Dhabi for one tournament, without the appearance fee.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Day 2: leader at -9, Rory at -7. Jimenez at -3, Phil at -1. and Sergio (better today) at par. Missing cut is Stenson and many others.

They do love golf, and the $$$$ it brings them.. ;-)

Is this the tournament where Tigs had the illegal drop in the bunker last year?

It sure is. He missed the cut by 1 stroke after receiving a 2 shot penalty. To get very technical, it wasn't a bunker, it was part of the course with sand. His ball got plugged in vegetation that was growing on top of the sand and he took a few drop after asking his player partner (Kaymer) You can take a free drop for a plugged ball anywhere on the course as long as it isn't sand. Afaik, he would have been able to ground his club in this area as it wasn't a bunker/hazard.

Yeah, I remember that. See, to me that's bullshit. If there's vegetation growing then it's not a bunker. There can be bunker all around, but that to me is an "island" of "through the green".

Colin P.

Holy sh*t Phil!!!

what a round. Tomorrow we have Rory, Phil, and Jimenez all contending. Should be grrrrrrrreat (Scottish old man voice).

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Holy sh*t Phil!!! what a round. Tomorrow we have Rory, Phil, and Jimenez all contending. Should be grrrrrrrreat (Scottish old man voice).

Rory won't be challenging as much as expected. He has just been given a post round 2 stroke penalty. His foot was on a path after having taken relief from it. Foot fault as his fiancée might say :)

Sulking? Sergio has played well for a year now … the putter is working.

But he's a Spaniard who is emotional - he'll go up and down and up and ...

I can't imagine that he's sulking too much with his hottie girlfriend on the bag. We'll see if they are going to continue with her in European and PGA tournaments. If she continues to be his caddy I hope that he plays very well so that the cameras are on them all the time.

Why do they call golf "golf"?  Because all the other four letter words were taken.

Rory won't be challenging as much as expected.

He has just been given a post round 2 stroke penalty.

His foot was on a path after having taken relief from it. Foot fault as his fiancée might say :)

God damn it.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Note: This thread is 3742 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!