IGNORED

My Swing (Mackingchicken)

mackingchicken
Note: This thread is 3689 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Here are my two swings I recorded today!

im looking for tips on my club path, am I on plane?

Pretty happy with the look of the DL veiw when I compare it to the first vid I ever put up and that was a month or so ago.

How do you feel the swing is looking?

I feel as though my swing is looking better but still have struggle days at the range.

A week ago I was hitting really well, everything pretty straight or a slight fade, was feeling comfortable and rythm.

Then yesterday after a lesson hit a bucket and felt so out of whack, lost alot of the confidence that I had gained. Thats why I put up these vids cause we were working on club path so wanted some pointers on that!

I feel as though my swing is looking better but still have struggle days at the range.

A week ago I was hitting really well, everything pretty straight or a slight fade, was feeling comfortable and rythm.

Then yesterday after a lesson hit a bucket and felt so out of whack, lost alot of the confidence that I had gained. Thats why I put up these vids cause we were working on club path so wanted some pointers on that!

I know the feeling bro. You can't let it phase you too much, just keep practicing what your instructor says and eventually those days become fewer and far between. Like I said, I'm no expert in the right-side swing (or any swing for that matter lol), but yours seems to be getting better. A much better plane on the DTL view for sure :beer:

• Administrator
How do you feel the swing is looking?

To be honest (and a bit blunt): it looks weak. It looks like you will need to make peace with being a short knocker.

But again, very few people here can truly "help" you with this swing because you're trying to do the Right-Sided Swing or whatever, and nobody feels qualified to speak to what you're trying to do.

Good luck.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

To be honest (and a bit blunt): it looks weak. It looks like you will need to make peace with being a short knocker.

But again, very few people here can truly "help" you with this swing because you're trying to do the Right-Sided Swing or whatever, and nobody feels qualified to speak to what you're trying to do.

Good luck.

Im pretty happy with being a short hitter as long as they are going straight. Tbh I havnt lost much distance at all, hit my 5i about 140-150metres and I did that with my old wild swing aswell seeing I am a pretty short guy im not expecting to be a power house hitter.

As for people giving advice on the swing the only real thing that is different from my lesson to a normal swing is set up and less rotation during backswing, club path and all that is still where it is meant to be during a 'normal' swing. So that being said can't I get advice on my swing plane and some of the basic movements still?

I know the feeling bro. You can't let it phase you too much, just keep practicing what your instructor says and eventually those days become fewer and far between. Like I said, I'm no expert in the right-side swing (or any swing for that matter lol), but yours seems to be getting better. A much better plane on the DTL view for sure

yeah im sure ill find it again haha, even today filming these vids it felt nicer then yesterday. and as for the whole right sided swing thing as I said in the comment above my teacher is only really using set up and back swing rotation of the right sided swing, the rest is all pretty similiar to the standard swing.

Thanks for the comments, keep em coming haha

One thing that jumps out is you don't make a 90* left shoulder turn .No matter what golf swing method you use,I have never seen a pro NOT make a 90* turn.

"There is no reason to listen to me. I am merely voicing my opinion on certain aspects of golf mechanics that I have experimented with along with others I have read about and watched." - freedrop, on himself [Source]

User was banned February 22, 2014 for multiple violations.

One thing that jumps out is you don't make a 90* left shoulder turn .No matter what golf swing method you use,I have never seen a pro NOT make a 90* turn.

Yeah I have to work on that, I use to do it but I began to try and shorten my backswing because it often got a bit long.

Was at the range and just relaxed. Thought about backswing and that was it. I hit the ball better then I have ever hit them, everyone was straight to a tiny tiny draw. Was this because of what I was focusing on the backswing, being relaxed or just one of those rythm days? oppinions?

Umm, are we teaching a pro here. No insult @mackingchicken , but just making a point about a comment that is totally not even beneficial. In some cases with amateurs a 90 degree swing is no possible, and might be detrimental to the golf swing. Now I think in time, @mackingchicken can get to 90 degrees, with a 45 degree hip turn. He's young enough and still flexible to do so, and hasn't stated any sports injury to say otherwise. What is more important is how he gets to what ever full turn he can get in the proper timing.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah I have to work on that, I use to do it but I began to try and shorten my backswing because it often got a bit long.

mackinghchicken......it's important to be aware of this if you aren't already.We do all of these during the golf swing and they can be controlled making a difference in the swing...just something to consider.

"There is no reason to listen to me. I am merely voicing my opinion on certain aspects of golf mechanics that I have experimented with along with others I have read about and watched." - freedrop, on himself [Source]

User was banned February 22, 2014 for multiple violations.

Note: This thread is 3689 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!