IGNORED

Wozniacki Inside the Ropes with Rory

Mr. Desmond
Note: This thread is 3705 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

"Why did you do that?"

"Seriously, that missed putt just cost me a new Benz…"

"You're one stroke out. How could you put that in the water?"

"If you can't jump on that ball, you won't be …"

-----

Coming to a PGA Tour Event near you...

Significant Others Inside the Ropes… Rory, Caroline … it's happening … several times.

Dubai:

Wozniacki met him inside the ropes at the 10th hole -- a rather bizarre development to occur during the course of a sporting event, and she followed him for most of the tournament. He then bogeyed the par-5 hole, one of the easiest on the course.

From geoffshackelford.com

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Would you want your wife/SO hanging over your shoulder at the office all day? :~( Unless it's "take your SO to work day", leave 'em off the course!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

"Why did you do that?"

"Seriously, that missed putt just cost me a new Benz…"

"You're one stroke out. How could you put that in the water?"

"If you can't jump on that ball, you won't be …"

-----

Coming to a PGA Tour Event near you...

Significant Others Inside the Ropes… Rory, Caroline … it's happening … several times.

Dubai:

Wozniacki met him inside the ropes at the 10th hole -- a rather bizarre development to occur during the course of a sporting event, and she followed him for most of the tournament. He then bogeyed the par-5 hole, one of the easiest on the course.

From geoffshackelford.com

Obviously we think alike. We just posted similar threads simultaneously. It is just nuts that Wozniacki has got poor Rory securely hooked up with a ring in his nose. She is a control freak. Rory come up for air and take a weekend with your old Irish buddies and go pub crawling. You will see the light.

Maybe it was her cooking that gave him food poisoning? C'mon, Kevin Reed seems to cope with his wife on his bag at least prior to her pregnancy.

A caddie is one thing ... hanging on is another.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Maybe it was her cooking that gave him food poisoning? C'mon, Kevin Reed seems to cope with his wife on his bag at least prior to her pregnancy.

Obviously Kevin Reed has developed a professional working relationship with his wife. They are clearly working as a team. there is no comparison

What could Wozniacki possibly be saying to Rory.

Let me guess: "Rory wouldn't it be nice if we rent a super yacht for our rehearsal dinner party? See if you can borrow one  of Greg Norman's Yachts."

Rory your only 24 years old. The world is your oyster! WAKE UP!

Wouldn't want a girlfriend/wife anywhere near me at work or on the golf course. Not sure why Rory let's this happen.

He's young, affable, and

horny.

Obviously Kevin Reed has developed a professional working relationship with his wife. They are clearly working as a team. there is no comparison

Lol....who the hell is Kevin Reed?

;-)

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Obviously we think alike. We just posted similar threads simultaneously. It is just nuts that Wozniacki has got poor Rory securely hooked up with a ring in his nose. She is a control freak. Rory come up for air and take a weekend with your old Irish buddies and go pub crawling. You will see the light.

I don't know if she is just in love or fairly ignorant of the game... I guess she thinks that since Rory is only strolling to a shot, that they can shoot the breeze. Hey, it's all about the 30 seconds before and during the shot, right?

:-)

I think/assume a player needs a "soft" focus between shots -- small empty talk - music, women, beer, fishing, to get him relaxed - with his caddy or another player. And then when that bag is placed on a spot, he is hard focused for the next shot.

Unless Caroline is the caddy, I would assume a player doesn't want anyone around them that would cause them to lose focus, except in the gallery.

Steve Stricker used to have his wife on his bag a lot. Also, don't forget how very common was the sight of Amy Mickelson at a PGA event.

Maybe we're not talking about being on the bag.

Maybe we're talking about taking up space and being a celebrity as in "Look at me!"

Or maybe it's "I can't stand to be away from you for a minute!" (especially if you're nearby -- and that's always troublesome for the future).

Who knows?

I wouldn't need the added pressure, but that's me ... "Joe MidCap Golfer Who Threw Up Before My HS Basketball Games"

Rory may love talking about wedding cake and her dress... We're all different.

I don't know if she is just in love or fairly ignorant of the game... I guess she thinks that since Rory is only strolling to a shot, that they can shoot the breeze. Hey, it's all about the 30 seconds before and during the shot, right?

:-)

I think/assume a player needs a "soft" focus between shots -- small empty talk - music, women, beer, fishing, to get him relaxed - with his caddy or another player. And then when that bag is placed on a spot, he is hard focused for the next shot.

Unless Caroline is the caddy, I would assume a player doesn't want anyone around them that would cause them to lose focus, except in the gallery.

You are right it takes  concentration to play golf at a 10 handicapp on a short course. There should be only players and caddies inside the ropes during tournaments. I would think it is disconcerting for the other players as well. Though not much has been mentioned in this regard. She can have her time during the pro am events on wednesdays.

She is a former #1 in woman's tennis. The odds of her returning to that level is low. I think she is trying to get back in the spotlight anyway she can.

Rory has already made more money than she could possibly make as a Professional tennis player for her whole career. Someone needs to take her aside an explain things to her.

Steve Stricker used to have his wife on his bag a lot. Also, don't forget how very common was the sight of Amy Mickelson at a PGA event.

I do not remember seeing Amy M. inside the ropes during a tournament or following Phil between holes. Yes the cameras always were stealing shots of her so I think you maybe confused about the two situations.

Having a wife or girlfriend on the bag is a business decision by the player. Having your girlfriend tagging along is just annoying and it clearly does not seem to be working for young Rory.

I do not remember seeing Amy M. inside the ropes during a tournament or following Phil between holes. Yes the cameras always were stealing shots of her so I think you maybe confused about the two situations.

You are correct about her being outside the ropes.  But I went to a couple of tournaments down here in the late 90's/early 00's and she followed his every shot.  (I know because we followed her! ;))  But, yes, I recognize that blending in with the crowd and just watching is not the same as being right there inside the ropes.

Having a wife or girlfriend on the bag is a business decision by the player. Having your girlfriend tagging along is just annoying and it clearly does not seem to be working for young Rory.

It's probably annoying to you, and might be annoying to Rory, but let's not let him off so easy here.  Blaming her for him sucking while she's around is taking the blame off of him for either A) being a wimp and allowing it even though he knows it bothers him, or B) not recognizing that it bothers him.

Note: This thread is 3705 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!