IGNORED

Grips?

T.J.K.
Note: This thread is 6114 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

There are so many grips out there.

How do you know what kind/size of grips to buy. Do all the grips fit standard shafts? I see .600 grips on some and different numbers on others.

I have Callaway X-14 Irons with steel shaft. I want a grip that is the same size wise as the grips that are on there but maybe a little softer. It is so confusing :)

I like the Golf Pride Tour Wrap grips as I had them on my last irons, but I think I want the Winn DSi's.

This is more about size though. Can I just buy 11 grips? Or are there different shaft sizes?

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

it really boils down to what feels best and then order that one....which means you need to go to a store to test them.
I believe all grips fit normal shafts....the only diff is if you want a bigger grip than standard....ie. you have bigger than average hands.

I had the X-14's before and went and order direction replacements from golfsmith.com when it was time to regrip. That said my dad had x-16's and choose the Winn AVS ones.....and they are nice....very tacky.
What's in the bag

Driver: Speed LD F Driver 9.5°
5 wood: 909F2 18.5°
Hybrid: EDGE CFT 21°Irons: i5 - 4-pwWedges: CG10 52°, 56°, & 60° degreePutter: Udrainium Doc 15Ball: DT SoLoHome Courses: Spring Lakes Golf Club, Stouffville, ON & Ocean Ridge Plantation Golf, Sunset...

I'm pretty sure that if you go to www.golfpride.com you can go through a fitting system that will show you what Golf Pride grips would fit you the best.

Good luck,
Ryan
ogio.gif Vision SS Bag:
cleveland.gif Launcher DST 10.5*  taylormade.gif R9 16.5* 4W
taylormade.gif Rescue Dual 19*  taylormade.gif Burner 2.0 4-PW
vokey.gif 250.08, Spin Milled 54.10, and 58.08
yesgolf.gif Callie  bridgestone.gif B330

How do you know what kind/size of grips to buy. Do all the grips fit standard shafts? I see .600 grips on some and different numbers on others.

For the most part yes. Here is an article that will help you out. "

Golf Club Specs: Little Things that Count, Part One " Since you like the Winn DSI then you want model# 5DSI-BRD . I have these in my shop if you want

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

For the most part yes. Here is an article that will help you out. "

How much for 11 of them? Also check prices on the XI7 by Winn. I went and felt some grips and seemed to like those a little better.

Thanks!

In the
AMP Cart Bag
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

I had my irons fit with the Golf Pride New Decade grips. These grips are multicompound: the top half is a tour velvet corded crip and the bottom half is a softer uncorded grip. The top half keeps your gloved hand securely on the grip, while the bottom half allows more feel and response for your lower hand. I really like them and I have seen several pros using them recently, including Sergio.

Driver: Launcher, 10.5°
Fairway: Big Bertha 2007, 15° & 18°
Hybrid: Rapture, 21° & 24°
Irons: Big Bertha 2006, 5 - PW
Wedges: Vokey, 52° & 56°Putter: White Hot XG, Rossie Ball: HX HotI'm not saying my golf game went bad, but if I grew tomatoes, they'd come up sliced. ~ Lee Trevino

I had my irons fit with the Golf Pride New Decade grips. These grips are multicompound: the top half is a tour velvet corded crip and the bottom half is a softer uncorded grip. The top half keeps your gloved hand securely on the grip, while the bottom half allows more feel and response for your lower hand. I really like them and I have seen several pros using them recently, including Sergio.

That's exactly the grip I got on my driver. Haven't hit any balls with it on yet but the grip feels so good and I hear it really tackies back up when you wash it.

i have the golf pride pro line cobra grips on all my clubs, best rubber grip out there. I recommend it to everyone who wants a long lasting, great grip.

What's In My Bag

Driver R9 Supertri 9.5
3 WoodR9
3 Hybrid: Baffler DWSIrons X-20 Tour 4-PWGap Wedge RAC TP SmokeSand Wedge Vokey 56.14Lob Wedge Vokey SM 60.7Putter:SeeMore FGP Black

Still waiting on a price man.................

In the
AMP Cart Bag

Does everyone use the same type of grip on all their clubs? Personally, I use GP Tour Velvet Wraps (corded) on my woods and hybrids; GP New Decades on my irons; and GP Tour Velvets on my wedges.

Wedges: Vokey, 52° & 56°Putter: White Hot XG, Rossie Ball: HX HotI'm not saying my golf game went bad, but if I grew tomatoes, they'd come up sliced. ~ Lee Trevino

I had my Pings re-gripped with Golf Prides. What a set of junk. They lasted 2 months.

Driver: Bull 5000 10.5 FujiKura Vista Tour Stiff
Irons:MX25 5-PW. TT Black Gold
WoodGreat Big Bertha 4
HybridCLK Aldila Hybrid Stiff 20 and 23
Wedges: MPT RP Rifle Spinner Wedge 53 and 60Putter: Todd Sones GullaneBallHX Hot

I know this is a bit off topic, but how should you clean your grips?

In the bag:

Driver: F-Speed 12*
3 Wood: r7 draw
5 Wood: F-SpeedHybrid: a3 boxerIrons: Ignite 4-PWWedges: 53 Phil Rogers, vokey 56, 588 60Putter: Victoria or Puku belly

I know this is a bit off topic, but how should you clean your grips?

Soap, water, toothbrush, scrub vigorously, dry with towel.

thanks, will do

In the bag:

Driver: F-Speed 12*
3 Wood: r7 draw
5 Wood: F-SpeedHybrid: a3 boxerIrons: Ignite 4-PWWedges: 53 Phil Rogers, vokey 56, 588 60Putter: Victoria or Puku belly

Note: This thread is 6114 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!