IGNORED

Swingbyte data - Trying to understand numbers - Club Face to Path

nevets88
Note: This thread is 3703 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Someone posted their SB data on reddit. I don't understand why Club Face to Path is zero. Shouldn't it be 11.7, the difference between path and face?

Also, SB measures face to path dynamically, that is, the numbers change as you play the video. At the top of the swing it says face to path is 85 degrees and as it gets to impact, it zooms down to 15. So that's a major closing of the face on the downswing if SB is accurate?

You can get the link to the swing here: http://www.reddit.com/r/golf/comments/1x8604/heres_my_swingbyte_swing/

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Just my opinion, but I don't think SwingByte is even remotely accurate. 27.1° in to out swing path????

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just my opinion, but I don't think SwingByte is even remotely accurate. 27.1° in to out swing path????

lol, that's what I was thinking. But the face to path shouldn't be zero for those numbers, yes?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

lol, that's what I was thinking. But the face to path shouldn't be zero for those numbers, yes?

I don't know. If I see one screwy set of numbers, I pretty much stop caring about any of the others. It's not a reliable piece of hardware.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It was one of the worst $150 I spent. It's not even good enough to measure swing speed. I got more pertinent information from my USB powered gyro/accelerometer evaluation board shoving a USB cable up my sleeve and down my back with matlab to process the data on a PC. On top of this the evaluation board would have been $50, if I did not get it for free. The sensor on the swingbyte is too slow and the device slips around the shaft, giving the mysterious 27 degree in to out path.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

My only concern is that you HAVE to be very accurate with how you put it on. Also when you zero out the device. The issue is with how players set up to the ball. If they zero out with the shaft one way, but set up with more shaft lean at address, now all the numbers will be exaggerated. Interesting Idea, but I think it fails in application.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 3703 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!