IGNORED

Trump to buy Doonbeg

hopefulhacker
Note: This thread is 3682 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Why didn't he just buy all the wind up?

If I had Donald's money and HAIR.... Then I would buy all the wind in the world. I may(will) never have a fraction of his wealth, but at least I don't have his hair :) He has a divot on his head

In total there were 12 interested parties considering a purchase of Doonbeg - according to the receivers anyway. It was never going to disappear, not when the infrastructure was already there and a world acclaimed golf course and hotel are still trading.

It's no surprise that Trump snatched it up so quickly and for a rock-bottom price. If he hadn't got there somebody else would.

As others have pointed out, he has the resources and flamboyance to take Doonbeg (or that oh-so-modest long name that he's now going to call it) to a wider, wealthier audience. It's what he does best. We may not like it, but then not many of us are worth billions, are we!

You know if it was so rock bottom, why didn't one of the other 12 put a bid in? I think I am interested in owning a golf course too, pulling the trigger and buying it is another thing. I guess Trump will own Ireland and China will on USA

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have played Doonbeg several times and stayed at the Hotel there. It is an excellent facility, World Class in every respect. I'm glad Trump is saving it. It would be a terrible shame for it to disappear. I just hope he maintains the local flavor that helps make it so much fun.

Anyone who is fortunate enough to have the opportunity should play there.

(I don't much care for the new name, though).

• 2 weeks later...

he's so humble.... :roll:

Funny, most of the guys I know who golf, refuse to play at his course here in so. Cali. nice  course, but not worth the money they ask, i.e. up to 280.00 per round.

Donald Trump is a major ass. The fact that he likes golf makes him slightly more tolerable.

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Watch this space, I have a feeling that there will be another Trump owned golf course in Ireland in another month or so, if not sooner. It's not the Portmarnock Golf Course (Old) that you may well know, it's another course on the same stretch of land and is a very similar course (and not too far behind the quality of more prestigious course imo.) http://www.portmarnock.com/ http://www.irishtimes.com/business/sectors/commercial-property/portmarnock-hotel-and-links-for-15m-1.1679324

Note: This thread is 3682 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!