IGNORED

Short game (100 yards in) in sloppy conditions

dylhall
Note: This thread is 2972 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

@Iacas Thanks. I've taken so much from this forum (your advice/videos, in particular) but I'm nowhere near the standard where I can add much myself, beyond expressions of gratitude and a recent purchase of LSW

Edited by Suchmo

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This is a good thread.

In general for pitching under  110 yards, I play the ball forward in the stance off the left heel more like the driver ball position even in dry conditions, I think this promotes more of a shallow approach and I think its normally good to hit the turf about an inch before the ball.

in wet condition I have taken a 9iron and use with less bounce just play the ball for a lower trajectory.

Edited by dchoye

On 2/22/2014 at 4:12 AM, iacas said:

actually advise the opposite more: move the ball a little forward. Leave your weight primarily on your front foot. Then you're free to move into (forward) the shot a little more, making it less likely you'll catch it heavy.

Hey Cool - I do this on most any short shots where I want my body to remain very still so I can try to make a clean contact....

Bill - 

Try using a 5-7 iron and do a bit of bump and run which won't bury your ball into the soft ground as easy as a wedge shot with higher lofts. Never know it might be helpful in those conditions.

Note: This thread is 2972 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!