IGNORED

Pro's throwing putters in air after missed putt..

RetroJFrancisco
Note: This thread is 3682 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Doesn't bother me too much. I guess I'd rather not see it, but as others have said, not at the expense of seeing no emotion at all from them.

That's how I feel. Frustration and exasperation is one thing. If someone was being a hothead, I don't like that. But it's better than not caring. There is so much money in golf now that it's nice to see people getting into,it and caring about the win, not the big check.

—Adam

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sad state of affairs to me when throwing things equals caring.

If I would have thrown my batting helmet or my football helmet I would have been "caring" my ass over to the bench for the rest of the game (or longer).

• Administrator

Sad state of affairs to me when throwing things equals caring.

If I would have thrown my batting helmet or my football helmet I would have been "caring" my ass over to the bench for the rest of the game (or longer).

C'mon. It's not like they're chucking them. They flip them in the air, and usually catch them.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

C'mon. It's not like they're chucking them. They flip them in the air, and usually catch them.

Yep. And I still stick by my statement and would have still been on the bench with an equivalent action.

Flipping a putter up and catching it is one thing, but to bury an iron, or slam a wood into the ground, shattering it, is quit another. My concern is the kids that look up to these guys, and think doing stuff like that is o.k.

Flipping a putter up and catching it is one thing, but to bury an iron, or slam a wood into the ground, shattering it, is quit another. My concern is the kids that look up to these guys, and think doing stuff like that is o.k.

But that's exactly the point. The OP is about a flip of the putter. More often than not, with a certain degree of humor at a close miss. It's NOT throwing a club or slamming it in fury. Not the same thing at all.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

But that's exactly the point. The OP is about a flip of the putter. More often than not, with a certain degree of humor at a close miss. It's NOT throwing a club or slamming it in fury.

Not the same thing at all.

One thing is for sure. Those like me that don't like that sort of thing are out of luck. That horse left the barn a long time ago.

I repaired plenty of greens last year and I'm sure I'll see more of the same this year.

Don't misunderstand. I'm vehemently against club throwing, slamming, and the like. I just don't see this as the same thing. If we want to talk green abuse, lets talk about the idiots who dig the ball out of the cup with their putters because they're too damn lazy to reach down the extra 6 inches to pick it out of the hole. Each and every one of them should be beaten to death with a bullseye putter!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

How about we say this...if you toss a putter so high that you can't catch it, and it does damage to a green, then it was thrown to high.

Don't misunderstand. I'm vehemently against club throwing, slamming, and the like. I just don't see this as the same thing.

If we want to talk green abuse, lets talk about the idiots who dig the ball out of the cup with their putters because they're too damn lazy to reach down the extra 6 inches to pick it out of the hole. Each and every one of them should be beaten to death with a bullseye putter!

Don't even get me started on that topic. When I see that a couple of hours after changing a hole my blood starts boiling.

I'm with David on this one. There is a line between what the OP was talking about and doing something in anger. When someone crosses that line, it's wrong. If it's harmless, then it's not a big deal. You do have to be careful. I once smacked away a ball from next to the hole when I missed a putt. I completely goofed and took a swipe away from the green. Felt horrible. Was playing with strangers and they were like "WTF!" At the turn I threw myself on the mercy of the pro shop for not being careful. Thankfully they were nice about it. I wasn't even angry, I just went to knock my ball over to my bag. Oops.

—Adam

I saw John Daly throw his mis-behaving wedge over the fence and into the cabbage after he duffed two short chips.  I had a small concern for any  on-lookers not to get bonked.,  Actually, i was also tempted to run over and grab the club for my own  bag.  Is that stealing?

Not at all.  It's like catching the home run ball - or towels and robes at hotels.  It's expected........,,,,,,..

As for putting flipping?  I give a resounding "meh"  though it's fun when they miss the catch.  Good to see these guys are dorks like everyone else.

Bill - 

Note: This thread is 3682 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!