IGNORED

Driver Trouble! - Off the Deck- no problem. Tee it up - oh no?

Note: This thread is 2857 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

JPGolf, I came across your thread while searching for solutions to my inconsistency in driving off the tee, which is exactly the same as yours. I hit my strong 3W with much more consistency off the deck than with the tee (don't use my 10.5 G20, head too big). I can hit it 230 yds, usually with a slight fade. Off course, I am at a disadvantage on long par 4's. Did you ever figure out how to make the adjustment when teeing it up? Thanks

On 3/4/2014 at 4:23 AM, dchoye said:

I have the opposite problem. Can hit driver well of tee but not of the deck. Also I draw/hook /pull drive not cut What I did recently was finding a ground where the ball was sloping away from me and ball slightly below the feet. After a few tries. I was was able to use my driver and cut /slice but not able to hook. Was a very different feeling for me as I need to stand more upright and shorten my swing to more vertical I find it more natural to hit the woods with ground sloping up with ball above the feet. Why don't you try doing that ? Ball above feet until you start drawing them? Then you should be able to tee with confidence

You have delivered a great tip! From his descriptions of the ball flight, it's obvious the OP is coming down and across. For him, the idea would be to find a place to make practice swings where the ground slopes up in front of him. Like on the slope leading up to a raised tee box. Stand on the flat, and make practice swings as if your ball was on the upslope. This automatically flattens your swing and gets you swinging inside out, or at least inside, to square, to inside! This could help get him away from the chopping wood move!

And don't feel all that bad about not being able to hit the driver off the deck. There aren't that many people that can!

Edited by Buckeyebowman

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2857 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!