IGNORED

Ft. Lauderdale golf

Note: This thread is 3696 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How is golf in the area: crowded, expensive, etc? Are there reasonably priced semi private courese, rather than public munis? I will be applying for a job there. Doesn't mean I will even get a response, so I am only curious incase. Can't find work here in NYC, so might as well look elsewhere. Either in CO, or since I saw something where it is warm, I wil definately look into it after the winter we have been having. Thanks

I have not played much on that side of the state. I am sure the courses (like around here) are packed during snowbird season and easy to get tee times (and cheaper) in the summer.

All I am going to suggest is to have a job when you move down - the job market is pretty rough down here.

I moved down 10 years ago with,out a job but things were different and I was employed (well below my skill level) within a month - now I am flooded with people bugging me for a job (they think I do nothing all day and it is all easy - but they have no idea what we did to build our brand) Even retail jobs are taking a big hit.

Depending on your field, it can be tough to even get an interview before you move - I cant tell you how many times I flew down here for interviews only to find out that they would not take me seriously until I had a Florida address.

Good luck in your search!

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks. I don't plan on moving anywhere until I have a job(written offer,etc). I have been a mainframe developer/analyst for 27 years. 7 years ago, my job was outsourced and been consulting on and off since. Only worked 40% if the time. It's worse now because there is INsourcing too. Sucks. No jobs for Americans. Anyway, I see, and get Emails, for contract positions all over. No way. Move somewhere and 3 - 12 month contract ends, then what? This is a full time with benefits. I was thinking of taking a chance then, maybe get a studio, or 1br apt, even a furnished apt,  incase it doesn't work out. Full time means nothing now days too unfortunately. Then if it lasts, get something larger and more furniture. But it is only a thought(dream), since I send dozens of resumes a month and hear nothing. They go into a black hole and disappear. Wow, didn't even think about the snowbirds crowding the courses.  Oh well. Again, thanks for your input. We shall see.

There's a ton of golf options in the Ft Lauderdale area that will fit every need and budget.  Private, semi-private, public, or muni. Pricing from less than $15 per round to $100+.

Take a quick look on GolfNow or another on-line booking site and you'll get a good idea of what's available, including pricing and player reviews.

Good luck!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3696 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!