IGNORED

How much does your score vary? I'm looking foward to the day when I no longer shoot over 100.

madolive3
Note: This thread is 3698 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How low was your HC when 100 became a really bad day?

I scored a 90 today, second best score of my short time playing the game. Two weeks ago I scored a 108, that's 18 strokes, OUCH. 110 is my really really bad day now and I'm a 19.1 HC.

What is a typical spread in a players score at any given HC. I would think that as the HC goes down the scores become more consistant.

I had been playing for a little over a year when Last Oct. I changed my swing, I decided that for me to get to be a good golfer I had to find some fundementals to fall back on. So I studied the swing, read and reread a few books. My score went from the high 90s low 100s to the 140s. I got so bad, I was going in the wrong direction ,the  frustration and occasional thoughts of giving up the game started to make it not fun anymore, But I stuck with it and it seems to be paying off, I'm playing better than ever and when I'm not playing well, I know why.

Tiger is a +4.3? And he put up a 74 round this weekend. For some of the low or mid cappers here, when was the last time you shot 100?

In my bag....

Bombtech Grenade driver. 10.5* Aldila DVS60 stiff, 45"

Ping i20 irons, ProjectX5.5. 5 thru PW.

Tour Edge 3 Hybrid, Adams A7 4Hybrid

Titelist SM4 52-8. 56-12

Cleveland RTX 60-12 wedge.

Tour Edge xcg5 15* 3 Wood

Cheap crappy Wilson putter that works as well as anything for me.

It's a work in progress, I've only been playing for going on two years or so.

I started playing in 1992 and my last score of 100 was in 1993.   There are many qualifiers though.......how often does one play, and how dedicated are they to the game?

I know people who've played a lifetime and a triple digit score is possible on any given day.  I've averaged well over 100 rounds a year over the past 20+ years, so I gained a lot of experience quickly.  It all boils down to putting in the work and or on course play.  Personally...I prefer putting in the "PLAY".   I haven't hit a ball on the range since 1995.  If I have time to hit golf balls, I go play.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Also, how difficult are the courses you play..?  Maybe consider taking a few lessons from a PGA pro to get your swing checked out.

If you are playing high rated courses,  maybe consider playing an easier course, and some par 3 exec courses to get your game to where youd like it../

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Very bad day, on a very tight and long course.

Bettinardi Golf Kuchar #2 Cobra Bio Cell+ Callaway Razr Hawk 3W TaylorMade SLDR 19H Mizuno JPX 825-Pro 4-AW Scor 55 & 60 (Wedges)

Note: This thread is 3698 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!